IGNORED

2010 College Football talk!

natp0wers
Note: This thread is 4736 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing in college football is as over-hyped as the SEC. You are correct, cheating does run through college football. However, the SEC takes it to a whole new level.

I agree that SEC fans can be a bit to prideful at times, but overhyped? How can you overhype 4 straight BCS championships? Facts are facts.

In The Bag:
Driver: 
 RBZ 10.5*
3 Wood:  RBZ 15 *
Hybrids G15 17* & 20*
Irons​ G2 4-UW 
Wedges:  Vokey 54*
Putter:  MC-03w
Balls:  PD Soft

You are correct, cheating does run through college football. However, the SEC takes it to a whole new level.

The level difference is because there is more money floating around the SEC supporters. That is the only difference. Every conference cheats. They just can't do it on the level of the SEC. It's like the Yankees having more money than any other franchise...The top 10 rules breaking colleges of all time only has 2 SEC schools in it.

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I agree that SEC fans can be a bit to prideful at times, but overhyped? How can you overhype 4 straight BCS championships? Facts are facts.

See, this is what I am talking about. The FACTS state that Florida (2), Alabama & LSU have BCS Championships....not the SEC. The rest of the teams aren't hanging conference BCS championship banners in their stadiums. As a matter of fact, it just made life a lot harder for the other teams in the SEC.

SEC fans of bad teams this year (e.g. UGA, UT, UK, SCar, Vandy, Ole Miss, Miss State) will go around chanting...S-E-C, S-E-C everywhere they go because their teams suck and they can't have pride in them. So they have pride in what the other teams in their conference have accomplished. Pretty pathetic.

What's in my standbag:

Driver: Burner Superfast 9.5

Hybrids: Raylor

Irons:: JPX 800 4-GW

Wedges: SV Wedges 56/58/60

Putter: Monza Spyder

SEC fans of bad teams this year (e.g. UGA, UT, UK, SCar, Vandy, Ole Miss, Miss State) will go around chanting...S-E-C, S-E-C everywhere they go because their teams suck and they can't have pride in them. So they have pride in what the other teams in their conference have accomplished. Pretty pathetic.

I understand what you are saying. But you make it out like just because a person's team is not having a good year, it is dumb for them to still be a fan of the SEC. Even though their teams have a bad year, they are still teams of the SEC and their fans should still be able to pull for the SEC. It would be stupid not to. They want the SEC to be strong and have a good showing so that when their team has a good year, it is much more significant. I mean this same stuff happens in every conference.

Now with that being said, I argee that it is dumb for a fan of a team that is having a bad year or a bad decade to go around chanting SEC to an Ohio State fan when OSU is at the top and their team is at the bottom of the SEC. I agree with that. But (me being a UT fan) if I were watching an SEC team play a Big Ten team, chances are I'll be pulling for the SEC unless it's Michigan. Why? Because I like to see the SEC do well. Does that mean that I am going to argue with Yenner that his team is not as strong as teams in the SEC? H*** no! What grounds do I have to stand on being a UT fan? There are the arrogant fans out there that you speak of (and from what I have seen most are just bandwagon fans that go with the flow rather than being a true football fan....I have even had Bama fans tell me they were fans because they liked their colors) but to make an overall classification of all fans of SEC teams like you have is just as arrogant IMO.

Bryan A

Nothing in college football is as over-hyped as the SEC. You are correct, cheating does run through college football. However, the SEC takes it to a whole new level.

I think that the vocal minority of obnoxious fans that somehow think they are the ones making the plays and talking heads who exaggerate the degree of separation between whoever is currently on top and other top teams are at fault here. In the mid 1990s when NEB was very good we suddenly were portrayed as invincable and a lot of dolts jumped on the ego bandwagen. I don't think anyone can really tell who runs a clean program and who doesn't. Boosters and agents, more often than the coaches and schools cause the big problems, and schools are left in the lurch. Look as USC recently. I do think schools often try to cover up stuff, or look the other way, when they find it because the NCAA holds them strictly accountable period.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

I was under the impression that Rich Rod dropped Mallett to 2nd string.

He did drop him to 2nd string. But it was b/c he didn't fit his system.

Both false. Mallet was long gone before there was a chance for anyone to put together a two deep. We didn't exactly have any system QB's that would have been in front of him anyway. Rich Rod actually wanted him to stick around and could have worked with him, but he also didn't exactly make it hard to transfer. It was actually better for the program change that he left and the new system got put in place.

Mallet did the right thing for him, and I don't blame him one bit. I knew the moment Rich Rod was hired Mallet would leave.

I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones.

Mallet did the right thing for him, and I don't blame him one bit. I knew the moment Rich Rod was hired Mallet would leave.

As did I.

And as far as not having enough people to be 2 deep? Doesn't make sense. Maybe I'm not understanding. UM ALWAYS has "enough people". Some kids would die to play at that school. Anyways, what's done is done and I think it's best for Mallett. Better for him then for Rich Rod and his arrogant ways. He got what he wants though, a mobile QB. It's just sad for me that he wasn't willing to change HIS ways. UM has historically pumped out some outstanding pro QB's but now Denard, Heisman/NC or not, will not be one of them. He'll go the way of Pat White. I like a coach that would rather build up a persons skill set and character then win just for the sake of winning then say, "See ya and good luck!" 3 years later. Denard would make a better RB. Just my opinion though. Imagine what could be done with Mallett under center AND Denard in the backfield. Mind bottling really.

9.5* Driver
3 Wood
21* 4 Hybrid
5-PW
Zebra 60* SW G-Force Putter

As did I.

Denard would make a very good running back. Those are some good points!!

Bryan A

What I meant was that there wasn't a 'running' type QB on the roster at that time (and hadn't been in 20+ years or more), so regardless of who was there, no way would Mallet have ever been considered 2nd string, but he wasn't there long enough for the new staff to even make a judgement. There were 3-4 other QBs on the roster, but no one that was good enough to even give Mallet competition for the starting job, regardless of the system.

I used to think that Rod should have changed his ways, and maybe if Mallet stayed he would have. He was successful at Tulane with an offense that was geared more to throwing. The other side is that if you are going to change a system and program, you need to do it as soon as possible. The first 2 years were pretty tough, but we are in the 3rd year and while not a contender just yet, we are on the way up. When you hire Rich Rod, you are hiring his offensive system and his ability to coach it. If we had hired Tom Osborne, I would expect him to come in and install an option QB offense. I wouldn't expect him to change what was successful for him for many years.

I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones.

I understand what you are saying. But you make it out like just because a person's team is not having a good year, it is dumb for them to still be a fan of the SEC. Even though their teams have a bad year, they are still teams of the SEC and their fans should still be able to pull for the SEC. It would be stupid not to. They want the SEC to be strong and have a good showing so that when their team has a good year, it is much more significant. I mean this same stuff happens in every conference.

I don't have the time necessary to address the amount of fail in pulling for your fellow conference members. It's one of the dumbest things one can do. Maybe I will address it later if I have time.

What's in my standbag:

Driver: Burner Superfast 9.5

Hybrids: Raylor

Irons:: JPX 800 4-GW

Wedges: SV Wedges 56/58/60

Putter: Monza Spyder

I don't have the time necessary to address the amount of fail in pulling for your fellow conference members. It's one of the dumbest things one can do. Maybe I will address it later if I have time.

Oh sorry for bothering you then. You must be a busy man....

I guess once you say you like a team, then you are out of your mind for liking another team in the same conference. If my team really sucks this year, then I should stop watching because it's dumb to pull for anyone else in the SEC or Big Ten. Man, I have wasted so much time in unnecessary game watching. Some people like "football" and aren't married to a certain team. You must go nuts if you are into MMA and have that mindset!

Bryan A

I used to think that Rod should have changed his ways, and maybe if Mallet stayed he would have.

Nah. He would've tried to make Mallett run his offense. It's all good. I don't mind. It's been a great decade for me.

9.5* Driver
3 Wood
21* 4 Hybrid
5-PW

Go Hawkeyes...
Whats In My Hoofer Bag

R9 460 9.5 degrees
909 F2 15.5 degrees
909H 19 degrees AP2 4-PW (Rifle Project X 5.5) Spin Milled 52, 56 & 60 Degrees Studio Select Squareback 2 Pro V-1 Favorite golfer: Zach Johnson

We weren't clicking today at all today. Not surprised. Illinois played tough D also.

Denard Robinson is a stellar RB.

9.5* Driver
3 Wood
21* 4 Hybrid
5-PW

I wonder if the loudmouth, trash-talking bag of vinegar and water Gator fan that was spewing all of his crap on YouTube hanged himself with one of his (4) martial arts black-belts.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Go Hawkeyes...

Okay, its my own post, but...

Hawkeyes played a great game today, but I was still dissapointed in how the offense was put on cruise control in the 2nd half. I'm getting sick of the conservative ways of our offense coordinator. The defense dominated as usual and held Penn State to only 3 points. 4-1 and with a Bye week, this week, the Hawkeyes are going to be ready for Michigan and the big house in a couple weeks. Bring it on Denard, you've done well against teams without a good defense. Things will change in two weeks and your honeymoon heisman trophy dream will wash away. The Iowa D will keep him to less than 100 all purpose yards. Cheers!
Whats In My Hoofer Bag

R9 460 9.5 degrees
909 F2 15.5 degrees
909H 19 degrees AP2 4-PW (Rifle Project X 5.5) Spin Milled 52, 56 & 60 Degrees Studio Select Squareback 2 Pro V-1 Favorite golfer: Zach Johnson

Bring it on Denard, you've done well against teams without a good defense. Things will change in two weeks and your honeymoon heisman trophy dream will wash away. The Iowa D will keep him to less than 100 all purpose yards. Cheers!

9.5* Driver
3 Wood
21* 4 Hybrid
5-PW

Note: This thread is 4736 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!