IGNORED

new driver

Note: This thread is 5109 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So I will be upgrading from my current great big bertha driver soon and I have demo'd the diablo and a few cobra divers. By far I loved the diablo because of the way it swings and hits the ball far. My question is why do some people get the tour version instead of the standard version. What does the full length hosel on the tour version do and which one do you guys think I should get?

Generally speaking, tour versions of clubs are slightly open at address whereas regular versions are slightly closed. Sometimes the tour versions will come with better shafts. Not sure about the Diablo specifically though.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

15 handicap, you basically have all options open to you. I would go see a pro who can get you fitted. Go to a demo day and have them switch out some shafts and heads to find out which one you like the best.

I will throw the Ping G10 out there, the sucker is a monster. I would describe it as your classic workhorse, nothing fancy just puts the ball out there a ton.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

So I will be upgrading from my current great big bertha driver soon and I have demo'd the diablo and a few cobra divers. By far I loved the diablo because of the way it swings and hits the ball far. My question is why do some people get the tour version instead of the standard version. What does the full length hosel on the tour version do and which one do you guys think I should get?

What is your ball flight?

In the Bag: TaylorMade R11 TP - TaylorMade R7 TP TS - Cleveland Halo - TM TP 2009 3-PW - Vokey SM 52 - Vokey SM 60 - Rife Barbados CS - ProV1x 

On the Computer:  Analyzr Pro 

Im not sure what my ballflight is really. I currently have the great big bertha 10.5 degrees and I have tried the callway diablo edge and I loved it. I demo'd the diablo edge is a 9 degree loft and I had never seen my ball fly like that, it was sweet and I was alot more accurate than with the new cobra ones. Theres something about the shape of the diablo edge head that feels so good to me. I want to hit the Ping G15 and compare the two but my problem with the Ping is that is doesnt have that aerodynamic shaped head like the diablo edge.

Im not sure what my ballflight is really. I currently have the great big bertha 10.5 degrees and I have tried the callway diablo edge and I loved it. I demo'd the diablo edge is a 9 degree loft and I had never seen my ball fly like that, it was sweet and I was alot more accurate than with the new cobra ones. Theres something about the shape of the diablo edge head that feels so good to me. I want to hit the Ping G15 and compare the two but my problem with the Ping is that is doesnt have that aerodynamic shaped head like the diablo edge.

I'd recommend considering the non-tour version. Unless a GI driver is producing launch or spin rates that you don't desire, I'd not worry to much for a "tour" stick. Especially if you are still developing your consistency and driver swing.

Often the open face and weighting changes in tour model drivers aren't suited for game improvement as much as they are playability. In your case, if you want a consistent and predictable ball, it sounds like you may be well fit to the standard diablo edge driver.

In the Bag: TaylorMade R11 TP - TaylorMade R7 TP TS - Cleveland Halo - TM TP 2009 3-PW - Vokey SM 52 - Vokey SM 60 - Rife Barbados CS - ProV1x 

On the Computer:  Analyzr Pro 

Personally, I'd stick with the Bertha until the face is cracked!

Big Bertha 454, 10* reg
904F, 15* Dynamic Gold S300
Tour Special, 18* reg
DCI 962, 3-PW, Dynamic Gold R300
X tour wedges, 52* and 56* 8881 putter Pro V1's for the momentBlogging my "Quest for single digits" every week.

workability and it's usually open a few degrees

it's a very nice club either way standard or tour

Note: This thread is 5109 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!