IGNORED

Anyone else carry a throwing club?

Note: This thread is 5127 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've never thrown a club and never plan on it. My older brother I typically play with is a different story. He throws clubs, hit balls directly OB, etc... The worst I've ever got was when I slammed a few drivers down to the turf. And I might drop the club from the top of my follow through when I hit a bad shot...

I personally think you look stupid and childish when you throw clubs, or do something erratic.

I like to swallow my rage and use it to become STRONGER. ARRRRRRRGGHHH!!

Actually this happened to me a couple times. The most vivid was on a short par 3 where I topped my iron about 20 yards off the tee. I stuck it back in the bag, said "@#$@ it" and grabbed my 9I, walked up to the ball, and whacked it with as much rage as I could muster, figuring it'd at least dribble toward the green. Somehow I hit it cleanly and it landed about 3 feet from the pin. Of course, I was still kind of worked up when I got up to putt and missed it and took a bogey, but it was certainly an unexpected outcome. It DID help the rage blow over before the next tee, at least.

Sadly, it rarely actually works out like that.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

don't be that guy on the course who throws their clubs around.
I know people who are like that and they aren't very much fun to play with.

I'd be embarrassed if I threw my clubs around the place.

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

I guess sarcasm is hard to get across via the internet, but, uhhhhh...this was a joke, you know, humor...a little levity. Of course I don't carry an extra club just to huck whenever I get mad. That would be ridiculous. I just thought since there is a club for just about everything now-a-days, a club made specifically for throwing would be kind of funny.

I guess sarcasm is hard to get across,but to bull

is easier lol...

In my Sport II cart bag or my R9 stand bag
Irons-Tour burner R/5-Sw,60 lob wedge z groove
Driver-R9 Supertri R/10.5
09 Hybrid #3 R/19
09 Hybrid #4 R/22Putter-Method 001,Length : 34 Ball-Those round white ones...

I've thought of something even better. Instead of lugging around an extra club. When you hit a bad shot, put your club away, go to your partner's bag, pull out one of their clubs and let it fly.

Whoever came up with the saying, "A bad day of golf is better than a good day at work", is a moron.

I guess sarcasm is hard to get across,but to bull

You calling me out!?

Whoever came up with the saying, "A bad day of golf is better than a good day at work", is a moron.

You calling me out!?

whatever thats meant to mean...lol

In my Sport II cart bag or my R9 stand bag
Irons-Tour burner R/5-Sw,60 lob wedge z groove
Driver-R9 Supertri R/10.5
09 Hybrid #3 R/19
09 Hybrid #4 R/22Putter-Method 001,Length : 34 Ball-Those round white ones...

whatever thats meant to mean...lol

I thought that's what you said.

We need a sarcasm smiley.

I like to have one or two particular players to root for. Being new to the game, I haven't actually found anyone that stands out to me.
I DO know who I dislike already...

During Quail Hollow, the Golf Channel showed a clip of Sergio Garcia throwing an iron into the trees, and Angel Carera throwing his driver to the ground and walking off.
If I were his caddy, I'd have left the damn thing behind!

IMHO, the PGA should get a grip on this behavior. Heavy fines should be in order, with suspensions for repeat offenders.
I don't want to hear about the pressure or their level of play. If you're getting paid to be a Pro, act like it!

Burner 2.0 Graphite 4-AW
09 Burner 10.5*
08 #3 Burner 15*
09 Burner 3H
09 Burner 4H
TM-110 putter

Vokey 56.11
Titleist NXT 

I threw my sand wedge the other night during league play. I realized how stupid it was right after.

Typically, though if I am pissed off I will wait until everyone has putted out and then hit 2-3 water balls into the nearest hazard.

Driver: Burner 10.5 deg
5W: R7 18 deg
3H: Idea Tech
4-PW: MP-57
GW: Vokey 52 degSW: 56 degLW: 60 degPutter: Black Series 1 34"Ball: Pro V1

I like the monkey idea...I think it has real merit...........and would be extremely funny to watch, someone beating the crap out of a stuffed monkey in the middle of the fairway...I actually laughed out loud when I read that.

See, I knew it had potential! Instead of the "Throwing Club" we could call it the "Punchin' Monkey". Of course it would need legs long enough so you could get a good grip and swing it into the tires of the golf cart a few times. You could even hurl it down the cart path and then run over it before stopping to pick it up and put it back in the bag for those seriously bad shots.

In my bag:

Driver: FT-5, 9° stiff
Wood: Big Bertha 3W/5W
Irons: X-20 TourWedges: X Tour 52°/56°Hybrids: Idea Pro 2/3/4Putter: Black Series #2Ball: NXT Extreme/NXT Tour

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I've thought of something even better. Instead of lugging around an extra club. When you hit a bad shot, put your club away, go to your partner's bag, pull out one of their clubs and let it fly.

Second time in this thread I need to replace my keyboard! LOLOLOL

In my SasQuatch carry bag.
909D2 9.5* (Aldila Voodo Shaft)
FT 3W 15* (Fujikura E370 Shaft Stiff Flex)
FT Hybrid 21* Nuetral (Fujikura Fit On M Hybrid Stiff Flex)
FT Hybrid 24* Nuetral (Fujikura Fit On M Hybrid Stiff Flex)Irons: X22 Tour 5 thru PW (True Temper Dynamic Gold S300) 2* upright (also...

Note: This thread is 5127 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!