IGNORED

nike to claim golf ball market

Note: This thread is 5100 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

ok, so i just found out from a nike rep that in june nike is going to be bringing out 15 ball packs of the one tour and one tour d 4 of the packs will be the standard black swoosh while the last pack will have a red swoosh (victory red). and to top it off a reduced price $30 to $35. Also nike will be making a new wedge to come at around june also.

Sweet. In the past year, I've gone from someone who owned only one Nike product (a golf shirt that was a gift) to four clubs and being a big fan of their things. I wish I could find one of their balls that performed remotely near the Bridgestones for me, although admittedly, I haven't tried any that recently. If their prices are coming down, it may be worth giving that pack a try: especially extending VR to balls sounds cool.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'd rather play used Pro V1's than a Nike ball.... and still cheaper than $30/dozen.
In my Callaway Warbird stand bag:
Ping G15 10.5* Graphite Design YS-6+ S
Ping G15 4W 17* Aldila Serrano S
Adams IDEA A7 19* UST Mamiya AXIVcore S
TM 2009 Burners 4-PW / Titleist SM Vokeys 50, 56 & 62 / TM Rossa Daytona 1 Ghost / Titleist Pro V1

How many will pay $30 for an NXT or Bridgestone E series when you can get the premium ball for a few dollars more. Sure, some may prefer those balls, but if someone plays them for the cost, I could see a lot of people switching.

Around here the Taylor Made Black (and Red) LDP's are going for $27-30 and the Burner LDP's are still priced around $25. I don't know who would choose the Burners at those prices.

Callaway FT-9 Tour I-mix 9.5° Driver (Fujikura Zcom Pro 65 stiff)
Mizuno F-50 15° 3w (Exsar FS2 stiff)
Bridgestone J36 19° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro 23° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro Forged 5-pw Irons (DG Black Gold stiff)Nike SV Tour Black Satin...

I'd rather play used Pro V1's than a Nike ball.... and still cheaper than $30/dozen.

Your loss. The Nikes are just as good at the Pro V's.

Totally agree, balls are so over priced it's sick! Don't complain about the lack of new young people playing the game, PGA or USGA, the cost of playing is getting out of control.

Golf has always been considered and expensive sport/hobby. I don't think it is getting out of control. There are plenty of balls out there for $15/dz(or15) that are just fine. There are plenty of sets that are reasonably priced as far as clubs. And greens fees are getting cheaper due to the economy. So I don't buy it.

Note: This thread is 5100 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!