IGNORED

Callaway Driver Cracked. Am I screwed?

Note: This thread is 5053 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My Callaway FT-5 driver broke on the range a few days ago. Worst timing because I was warming up at the range for an outing, so I was stuck hitting my 3-wood the entire time, but that’s neither here nor there. Anyways, the bottom of my driver cracked (not the face, but the plastic part at the bottom of the head). It was NOT done from any misuse. It truly broke during a normal course of use.

So my question is, am I screwed or can I have Callaway replace it? It was bought used from callawaygolfpreowned.com (which I believe is a reputable Callaway dealer) about 2 years ago. I’m pretty sure Callaway has warranty on their products, but I’m not sure about their used products. Anyone have any experience with this? Thanks.

I've always wondered how long the plastic/composite glued together drivers from Callaway would fare in the long haul. I guess that answers it?

Good luck sorting it out.

In the Bag: TaylorMade R11 TP - TaylorMade R7 TP TS - Cleveland Halo - TM TP 2009 3-PW - Vokey SM 52 - Vokey SM 60 - Rife Barbados CS - ProV1x 

On the Computer:  Analyzr Pro 

I dont think your screwed at all. I broke the shaft on my Callaway x16 7 iron last year and callaway replaced it for free. Just give them a call and they will work with you. Great customer service and they really stand behind their product.

I think a respectfully written e-mail (or call) explaining the issue to their customer service group would be the way to go. You may get nowhere but then again they very well could just replace the club at no charge. You never know unless you try. Good luck!

Take it back to the shop where you purchased it and they should send it back to Callaway for you to be repaired or replaced. Callaway has one of the best customer service reputations in matters like this.

Driver: Titleist 907D2 9.5 Stiff
Hybrid: Adams Pro Black 18*
Irons: Mizuno MP60 (4-PW)
Wedges: Vokey SM 50/54/58/62
Putter: Yes! CallieBall: TM PentaHome course: DeBell Golf Club http://www.debellgolf.com/

Call Callaway. You should be just fine. I had a guy that was regripping my FT-5 drop it on concrete. Callaway replaced it with an FT-9 with just a simple phone call. Callaway customer service is great.

Yonex Ezone Type 380 | Tour Edge Exotics CB Pro | Miura 1957 Irons | Yururi Wedges | Scotty Cameron Super Rat | TaylorMade Penta

Callaway Golf Preowned has 1 year limited warranty so if you bought it two years ago they might not fix it (for free). However, by giving them a call they'll fix it if possible, although they might charge you something.

I think you'll be happy. I once asked (just to see) if they would let me trade in my FT-5 for an FT-i. No damage or reason, I just wanted to. They asked that I keep giving the FT-5 a try but that if I just didn't like it they would work something out to get me an FT-i. I ended up keeping the FT-5 but they were willing to do whatever it took to make me happy. Great customer service.

In the blue Colts bag:

Driver - FT-5 10°
Hybrids - 4DX 15.5°, 20°
Irons/Wedges - CI-7 4-GW, SW | "Free" Warrior 60° LWPutter - TiffanyBalls - various

I used to work in a golf shop in 2004. At the time, I was hitting a Callaway Steelhead Plus (I think) driver. It was a few years old at the time and it developed a crack along the crown of the clubhead. I called our Callaway guy and he sent me a Big Bertha 2004 driver for free. It was their newest driver on the market. All I had to do was return my old driver to Callaway, and they provided a box and shipping label for free. I would definitely give them a call.

r9 Driver 10.5*
f50 3W 15*
975f 5W 18.5*
3DX 3-hybrid
i15 irons 4-PW Reg 588 Gunmetal 56* CG 10 Black Pearl 60* Craz-E Karsten series

I've always wondered how long the plastic/composite glued together drivers from Callaway would fare in the long haul. I guess that answers it?

Probably longer than it took the face to crack on my old taylormade. Every driver could have it's problem I bought a taylormade the face cracked in 2 weeks. I've had my ft5 for over 2 years and it's going strong...
Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

I called the Callaway customer service and they told me that unfortunately since my club was bought used more than 1 year ago, they can't do anything for me. I guess their policy is 2 years for their new products and 1 year for used product. So it looks like I'm SOL...

That is really surprising to me. Sorry to hear it.

In the blue Colts bag:

Driver - FT-5 10°
Hybrids - 4DX 15.5°, 20°
Irons/Wedges - CI-7 4-GW, SW | "Free" Warrior 60° LWPutter - TiffanyBalls - various

Yeah, I was disappointed as well. I wasn't expecting everything to be for free. But I was hoping that they can replace the head because I really do love the driver and the shaft is a perfect match for me. Oh well...

Give them a call back and see if you can work something out with their Pre-Owned department. Chances are that they'll at least give you a discount. It really surprises me that they didn't just replace it with a new one but I suppose it is getting pretty "old" as far as the market is concerned.

Yonex Ezone Type 380 | Tour Edge Exotics CB Pro | Miura 1957 Irons | Yururi Wedges | Scotty Cameron Super Rat | TaylorMade Penta

Note: This thread is 5053 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!