IGNORED

Callaway Driver Cracked. Am I screwed?

Note: This thread is 5064 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

That's not a bad idea, rebby. I might try them again tomorrow to see if another rep has a different answer. I wouldn't mind a discount on their pre-owned driver if they offered that. Thanks.

It is also possible that the down economy has finally hit them enough that the customer service folks can't just send out free stuff all the time. We all know the markup on clubs is huge, but with fewer people buying and prices falling it probably hurts them more than it used to to replace clubs. Just a theory.

In the blue Colts bag:

Driver - FT-5 10°
Hybrids - 4DX 15.5°, 20°
Irons/Wedges - CI-7 4-GW, SW | "Free" Warrior 60° LWPutter - TiffanyBalls - various

• 2 weeks later...
Just wanted to give you guys an update.

After just sitting on my broken Callaway FT-5 driver because I've been busy, I finally took it into Golfsmith to see if they could help me out. They sent it out to Callaway and got back to me saying that they couldn't fix it for free because it's been out of warranty for 1.5 years already. But they offered to give me a BRAND NEW driver for cost. So I was able to custom order a brand new 2010 FT Tour driver with Matrix Ozik X-Con 6 shaft for $200 including s/h! The shaft alone is worth more than that, so I'm very happy with the result. So huge thumbs up to Callaway.

I have that shaft in one of my FTi's, the other has a 686 speeder. The Xcon6 is miles better. That price just shows how much stuff really gets marked up between cost and retail.

Awesome! I'm glad that they took care of you. I figured that they would.

Yonex Ezone Type 380 | Tour Edge Exotics CB Pro | Miura 1957 Irons | Yururi Wedges | Scotty Cameron Super Rat | TaylorMade Penta

Sweet deal! Glad to hear it worked out for you. Only goes to show what the potential costs of good/bad Customer Service can be. This thread alone had over 700 views and that's a lot of golfers considering not only do you count the number of hit's but their playing partners, friends, familiy members.... It adds up.

Not quite the bend-over-backward service I originally expected when I heard this story, but still it seems like you're getting a great deal out of it, since those retail for $400+ right now. Congrats.

In the blue Colts bag:

Driver - FT-5 10°
Hybrids - 4DX 15.5°, 20°
Irons/Wedges - CI-7 4-GW, SW | "Free" Warrior 60° LWPutter - TiffanyBalls - various

Not quite the bend-over-backward service I originally expected when I heard this story, but still it seems like you're getting a great deal out of it, since those retail for $400+ right now. Congrats.

I think it's a fair result, considering the club was pretty old. Callaway has another happy customer and they defiitely get my vote for having great customer service; so win-win. And thank you all for your advice!

Don't know what Callaway's policy is but Cobra would not fix my F-Speed which failed in a similar manner, cracked at the top of the club face, in the course of play. It was 3 years old and they said it was "out of warranty".

Butch

What a great deal for you. Let folks know how you like your new driver. I expect you will love it.

Driver.... Nickent DX Evolver V2 65 stiff /07 Burner YS6+ stiff .
4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Hybrids.....Tour Edge Geomax 22* 25* 28*
Irons.....TM R7 6-P + AW,SW,LW
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

This sounds like typical callaway. They tend to take care of the costumer when they can. Glad it worked out.
Driver R7 Superquad NV 55 shaft or Bridgestone J33 460 NV 75 shaft
3 and 5 Wood X
Hybrid original Fli Hi 21* or FT 22*
Irons AP2
Wedges Vokey 52* - 8 , 56* 14, 60*-7Putter California CoranodoBall TP RedGPS NeoRange Finder- Bushnell Tour V2 When Chuck Norris puts spin on the ball, the ball does not...

Note: This thread is 5064 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!