IGNORED

My swing (kilbyman)

kilbyman
Note: This thread is 5078 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My swing has gotten weird, and I've been hitting balls fat and thin all over the place. I have an idea of what the problem is, and I was wondering if you guys could take a look and suggest some changes/ways to practice them at the range to ingrain them into my swing. I think those shots were with my PW. Again, I'm not searching for perfection, I just want to get back to making decent contact. Thanks.

~Ian

Well, I don't know much but I can see you are flipping in the face on view at 0:03. Right before impact you are flipping your hands are behind the ball and your clubhead is about to pass ur hands. but it looks pretty close to being solid contact you just need your hands to be leading and ahead of the ball at impact.

Can't wait for someone with more knowledge to help ya out some more

Best 9 holes: 35 (Trilogy at Redmond Ridge, 3163y, Par 35/70, 70.0/131)
Best 18: [b]77[b] (Palm Valley CC, 6545y, 71.4/126)
Notable career achievement: I have NEVER four-putt.

You're out of plane on the backswing and you bob your head down liek half a foot to get it back on plane, and you come SUPER inside. Your arms arent even close to being fully extended
Shanks just posted the drill to work on
you should probably work on the same one and work on your head movement cause its too huge right now

You dont sway which is good, you do a decent turn but maybe try not taking it up as high so you dont have to snap your head/hips down to get your downswing going just let it happen from your turn.

My Clubs:
Ping I3 + blade 3-pw
9.5 09 Burner with prolaunch red
Nickent 4dx driver
Taylormade Z tp 52, 56, 60
YES Carolyne putter

am i under or over plane?

You're out of plane on the backswing and you bob your head down liek half a foot to get it back on plane, and you come SUPER inside. Your arms arent even close to being fully extended

What's the name of the thread that has the drill posted?

I found the drill. My hips are almost at the ball at impact and my wrist is nice and cupped. Think I found out what I need to work on.

I've recorded more recent swing videos. There is a ball, you just can't see it. I didn't have a great round as far as solid hits goes today. Any suggestions? (Especially on take-away, starting the downswing).

2nd set of videos are definitely better, but it still looks like you're trying to sweep or scoop the ball off of the turf. You want the club head moving DOWN when it makes contact with the ball. A lot of amateurs(including me at one point) think that the bottom of the swing should be where the ball is, yet that's not true. Take a look at a vast majority of tour players. Almost all of them take big chunks of turf out with irons - also notice that those divots are IN FRONT of where the ball was. This is because they keep their hands in front of the club head at impact and their swings don't bottom out until AFTER contact.

A good basic tip is to exaggerate your shaft lean at address, and focus on keeping that angle in your wrist until after contact. SWING DOWN ONTO THE BALL, DO NOT SCOOP IT!

R9 9.5*
MP630 3 Wood
MP630 CLK Hybrid 17*
MP-32 3-pw Rifle Project X 6.0
56*10 satin & 60*10 oil can Method #1

Why the rigid set-up? You look like you're striving for an Adam Scott type posture. You are doing S&T; right? I think they reccomend a pretty relaxed set-up with the back rounded.

Callaway Big Bertha 460
Callaway X 3-wood 15*
Adams Idea Tech hybrid 19*
Titleist DCI 981 irons
Ping iwedge 56*, 52*Carbite Putter

I don't really know what I'm doing.

lol join the club.

Putter - TaylorMade Rossa Corza Ghost
Wedges - Titleist Vokey Oil Can; 50/08, 54/14, 58/04
Irons - Mizuno MP53 4-PW
Hybrid - Mizuno MP CLK 3 iron
Rangefinder - Bushnell Tour V2Ball - Pro V1s / Srixon Z Star Yellow

You gotta get rid of that head bob
YOu really snap your head down to start your downswing, its gonna lead to a lot of inconsistency, it messed with your plane aswell

My Clubs:
Ping I3 + blade 3-pw
9.5 09 Burner with prolaunch red
Nickent 4dx driver
Taylormade Z tp 52, 56, 60
YES Carolyne putter

You are still flipping your hands through the ball, and your head is all over the place. Work on impact drills with an impact bag.

In the Bag: TaylorMade R11 TP - TaylorMade R7 TP TS - Cleveland Halo - TM TP 2009 3-PW - Vokey SM 52 - Vokey SM 60 - Rife Barbados CS - ProV1x 

On the Computer:  Analyzr Pro 

I don't really know what I'm doing.

At least your honest. Ha! I'm not really good with swing mechanics and all that, but to me it looks like your head moves way too much during your swing. It seems to bob up and down.

The only thing a golfer needs is more daylight. -Ben Hogan

I think I may have found the answer. The bobbing is a way to try to play catch up with the swing. I think my P2 is awful, and is the root cause of all of this. Take a look:

The grip is pointing way right of the target line. I believe this puts my arms way behind where they should be. I either hit fat from this, pull up and flip it, or hit it thin. I think if my P2 position was correct, my swing might become enormously better and more consistent. What do you guys think?

Your weight is to much to the right and your tilted that way. Unless you want to do the stack and tilt swing then that HAS to change. You have to drop your left shoulder at address and get your head behind the ball. Because of that lean to the left your whippin the club inside and having to bob up and down to get out of the way. You gotta change that setup first the stuff you talking about is a direct result and not the cause of your problems.

Driver: Ping g15 axivcore black stiff
3 wood: Cobra s9-1 f speed
Hybrids: 20* adams speedline classic round and 24*v1 peanut
Irons: Ping I5 5-pw
Wedges : cg14 50*,54* spin milled 58*Putter: Cameron newport detour

Fixed the takeaway. Broke 100 for the first time today because of it! No fat shots at all. With P2 correct, swinging the club got 1000000 times easier. Not I just have to work on getting rid of the bad swing plane compensations, but I think I am going to be rapidly improving. I'll post a video of the improved swing soon.

Note: This thread is 5078 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!