IGNORED

My Swing (Art_Vandelay)

Art_Vandelay
Note: This thread is 5044 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Here's a video of my swing with a 9 iron and driver, each from two different angles and in regular and slow motion. I feel like I have a fundamentally solid swing, but I would very much appreciate some outside input. Thanks!

-Austin

it's fine but there's no point in the video without a ball there.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

really...? 8 handicap?

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

really...? 8 handicap?

not quite sure i'm buying it either. but op, there's really no point if you're not hitting a ball, most of the time the practice swing and the one that counts are different.

No way. The practice swing looks like a 20, the swing with the ball there much be much, much better. How this is even close to technically sound, I don't know. I guess my swing is picture perfect then, eh?

But without a ball, it means nothing, so he could be an 8 who looks better on the real swing.

No way. The practice swing looks like a 20, the swing with the ball there much be much, much better. How this is even close to technically sound, I don't know. I guess my swing is picture perfect then, eh?

what's wrong with his swing?

He keeps his left arm straight, he doesn't flip at the ball, he generates lag. I'd say he strikes the ball pretty well. You look like a 20+ handicapper with your swing. it works for you and you've got a lot of good things in there, just because it doesn't look great. Doesn't mean it won't work.

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

His takeaway is all arms for starters, watch the face on swing, around the 20 second mark. Not only that, but he cocks the left arm to start the takeaway. His hands are also way outside on the driver backswing, and it looks like he is flipping.

Too much arms, buddy. Otherwise, you kind of stand up and flip through were you think the impact area is.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Its funny but everytime I look at one of these videos and look at the posters handicap I immediately know their is no way they shoot what they say. I would bet that many of the single digit players on here couldn't break 90.

Quote Originally Posted by James_Black View Post what's wrong with his swing? He keeps his left arm straight, he doesn't flip at the ball, he generates lag. I'd say he strikes the ball pretty well. You look like a 20+ handicapper with your swing. it works for you and you've got a lot of good things in there, just because it doesn't look great. Doesn't mean it won't work. Its funny but everytime I look at one of these videos and look at the posters handicap I immediately know their is no way they shoot what they say. I would bet that many of the single digit players on here couldn't break 90.

+1 Sorry Shanks but your swing is very funny

Here's a video of my swing with a 9 iron and driver, each from two different angles and in regular and slow motion. I feel like I have a fundamentally solid swing, but I would very much appreciate some outside input. Thanks!

I just think practice swings seems to be lacking power in general. People tend to go after a ball a bit harder, and aren't worried about taking a divot when there's a ball there.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I just think practice swings seems to be lacking power in general. People tend to go after a ball a bit harder, and aren't worried about taking a divot when there's a ball there.

Absolutely.Anyone can make nice slow and controlled practise swings but when you actually get on the tee and realise you have to move this ball 250 yards down the fairway, things change.No offense to the OP, but that video is absolutely pointless in the regard of trying to improve your game or getting someone to give you tips.
A great shot is when you go for it and pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try it. ~ Phil Mickelson.

This is just more reason you shouldn't listen to advice on a forum. I'm sorry, but this is probably the most ignorant and idiotic comparison I've ever seen. First of all, I'm a

7 handicap , not anywhere near that good. A 7 handicap is a hacker. I'd shoot well over 100 on a PGA tour layout. Most people here have no concept of just how bad their own swings are, or just how good a PGA tour player is, so they throw stones and claim they could break 100 at a major. Take a look at your own swings, not just what they look like, but how technically sound they are. You may be surprised. Here's the deal... None of us could even dream of playing on the PGA tour, and most of us couldn't even dream of being scratch. But even so, you're comparing my real swing to someone's practice swing, and you think because mine looks goofy, that it's automatically inferior. Well, that's just silly. It's a crap swing from a 265 lb guy who can barely turn with a torn left ACL, and plays to a 7 (which is about a mile from a 2, which is about a mile from scratch, which is about a mile from a mini tour pro, which is ten miles from a tour pro), but yes, it looks funny. But, with just one picture, anyone even slightly educated about the swing can tell the difference. And you said he "doesn't flip at the ball". I wonder then, what's your definition of flip? I'm much more square through impact than you should be, but he's even more square than that. He throws away his lag instantly, he does keep his left arm straight, but who cares? Maybe you should learn what to look for before throwing stones at me, and I'm not the first, nor the only one, to point out his swing looked worse than he said. His full swing may be great, but like I said, a practice swing is useless . That was my point. Post your own swings and see how you really compare.

No way. The practice swing looks like a 20, the swing with the ball there

And just for good measure, here's what I said. Notice, I made it a point to imply my own swing was really bad. Notice in both cases I said that because it was a practice swing, we could be wrong. Some people look worse on the practice swing.

Note: This thread is 5044 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!