IGNORED

Is it just me

Note: This thread is 5037 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Probably cost less than a new R9 or FT; and I bet you would be much happier with it also.

i just ordered a shaft that i used to hit and loved

does anyone know which head will be longer according to testing, the r9 or ft-9 tour

|callaway.gif X460 Tour Fujikura Tour Platform 26.3 73g | taylormade.gif 2i Rescue 11 |  3i HiBore Hybrid |  710 MB |  Wedge Works 48/06 |  cg12 52/08  | vokey.gifSpin Milled 56/11 | nike.gifSV Tour 60/10 | cameron.gif Studio Select Newport 2 34" |

rangefinder : LR550

Reading this thread makes me realize I really should have my driver shaft fitted for my play. How do I go about doing that? Just by going to a pro shop and them watching me swing they can tell me what I need?

taylormade.gifR11S 9* Driver Aldila RIP Phenom 60 R Flex

taylormade.gifRBZ 3W 15* Matrix Ozik XCon-5 R Flex
taylormade.gif'11 Rescue Hybrids 3 (18*), 4 (21*) Aldila RIP 65 HB R Flex
taylormade.gifR11 5-PW KBS Steel R Flex | taylormade.gifTP XFT 52* 56* 60* KBS Steel

cameron.gif California Coronado 35" | ogio.gif Grom Black Plaid Bag |  Penta TP

does anyone know which head will be longer according to testing, the r9 or ft-9 tour

There isn't a driver head that will be longer than another; it's all about the combination of the head and the shaft and how they both work together best for you and your swing. Some people will hit an FT-9 Tour further. Some will hit an R9 further. Yeah, a robot test might show one driver hits the ball further than the other, but those type of tests mean ABSOLUTELY NOTHING seeing as they don't replicate YOUR swing. The ONLY way you are going to be able to figure out what the best head/shaft combo is for you is by getting fit. You can try to fit yourself like you are doing now, but 99% of the time you won't get it correct.

There isn't a driver head that will be longer than another; it's all about the combination of the head and the shaft and how they both work together best for you and your swing. Some people will hit an FT-9 Tour further. Some will hit an R9 further. Yeah, a robot test might show one driver hits the ball further than the other, but those type of tests mean ABSOLUTELY NOTHING seeing as they don't replicate YOUR swing. The ONLY way you are going to be able to figure out what the best head/shaft combo is for you is by getting fit. You can try to fit yourself like you are doing now, but 99% of the time you won't get it correct.

ya i know. i really wish i could afford a fitting. i got two epic deals, i paid $60 for my r9 and about $250 for the imix head and shaft. and your 100% right about the 99% wrong thing because i got it right the last time but im on my 4th try with these set ups and its just annoying. i changed the weights to draw with a 10g, 16g, 1g and i was finally hitting it about 300 again. my long was about 320 325 and my short was about 250 with a huge slice so i know if i get the right shaft il get more roll and finally start averaging 300 again

|callaway.gif X460 Tour Fujikura Tour Platform 26.3 73g | taylormade.gif 2i Rescue 11 |  3i HiBore Hybrid |  710 MB |  Wedge Works 48/06 |  cg12 52/08  | vokey.gifSpin Milled 56/11 | nike.gifSV Tour 60/10 | cameron.gif Studio Select Newport 2 34" |

Hmmmm ..... I played from 5.6 about 25 yrs ago and I was a long hitter then, I'm still longer than Joe the average, but drivers today lack mass behind the ball. We used to hit 300+ yds in the old days with drivers of maybe 200 cc ..... we just had to hit it "between the screws" I have been using a whole bunch of the modern drivers like 907D1, 907D2, 909D2, 909D3, Cobra S2, R7 Limited, R7 Quad, G15 .... sofar the longest have been Ping I15, FT-iZ Tour and R9 460, about as hard to control as the old persimmon, but if you hit it pure .... it is going a "quarter mile" and the other really long one is the R9. The strange thing with the FT-iZ Tour is that it is forgiving and really longgggg ...... almost so easy to hit 300+ that it should be prohibited.....

As for shafts ..... most low handicappers chose for a low trajectory, high kickpoint shaft ..... too much spin actually ..... better is a low or mid kickpoint and a low trajectory ...... somehow the way to reduce spin !

Cal Razr Hawk 10.5 | TM Superfast 3W | Adams Idea Pro Black 20 | MP-68 3-PW | TW9 50/06 + 58/12 | Ram Zebra Putter

Hmmmm ..... I played from 5.6 about 25 yrs ago and I was a long hitter then, I'm still longer than Joe the average, but drivers today lack mass behind the ball. We used to hit 300+ yds in the old days with drivers of maybe 200 cc ..... we just had to hit it "between the screws" I have been using a whole bunch of the modern drivers like 907D1, 907D2, 909D2, 909D3, Cobra S2, R7 Limited, R7 Quad, G15 .... sofar the longest have been Ping I15, FT-iZ Tour and R9 460, about as hard to control as the old persimmon, but if you hit it pure .... it is going a "quarter mile" and the other really long one is the R9. The strange thing with the FT-iZ Tour is that it is forgiving and really longgggg ...... almost so easy to hit 300+ that it should be prohibited.....

thanks for the input on the driver head. i definitely feel the same way about all these new drivers. there like swinging wiffle bats. i was hitting my r9 yesterday and i really like it. i ordered a tour platform x-73 shaft like i user to hit and that should help alot because it is my old shaft and its so much stiffer than anything iv ever hit before

Note: This thread is 5037 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!