• Announcements

• iacas

Visit FlagstickRule.com   03/13/2017

Visit the site flagstickrule.com to read about and sign a petition for the USGA/R&A regarding the one terrible rule in the proposed "modernized" rules for 2019.
cookedonphonics

Changing grip on older TaylorMade Firesole Driver with Bubble shaft?

7 posts in this topic

Anyone have any experience with this? I don't care for the stock grip. It's also been on there at least 9 -10 years (just picked the club up in a trade with a friend).

Apparently, stock grips (.580 and .600 diameter) will not fit on the shaft due to the wider diameter of the bubble shaft.

I hit it straight and get good distance with it, so I'd like to use it for awhile. But the grip has got to go.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I got some Golf Pride Velvet grips to slide onto my buddies bubble shafted fairways, was little harder but can be done. I may have used air on one to get it on all the way, but the first one slid on with just solvent.

just make sure you dont stretch out the tour velvet one too much on the grip. I did that on a club and it streched it thin and was like holding onto the bare metal when swinging

Good Luck, I used a bubble shaft taylor years ago and liked it very much ,,, but when it came to grips it was a pain trying to find them to fit. If you like the club you can allways have it reshafted.

I have used TaylorMade 500 Series Grips and TaylorMade 300 Series Grips from golf galaxy they are .680 and .700 cores and will go on a little hard but they will work. You may be able to find the original wrap grips for the bubble shafts, but I think that they are slick.

I have only seen it done with the installer tool in Tbones first link.