IGNORED

Pet Peeves

AceDunk
Note: This thread is 3942 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by zipazoid

I think you have to understand that what you consider a poor shot by your standards may be a damn fine shot by someone else's, and their comments are based on how they perceive the shot, not you. How else could they? They can't jump into your brain. They don't know what you think is good or not.

I play with my sister. She's terrible. Anything I hit that's airborne and in a forward direction she thinks is amazing. I just chuckle when she does the 'Oh my, GREAT shot, Jerry!' as the ball careens into the woods with a mondo slice.

Absolutely.  When I play with my wife she says good shot everytime some one gets one airborne.  I shanked one once and she clapped.  I said, "thanks dear".

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane 9.5*
3W:  Callaway GBB II 12.5*, 5W:  Callaway Diablo 18* Neutral
3H:  Callaway Razr X, 4H:  Callaway Razr X
5-PW:  Callaway X Tour
GW:  Callaway X Tour 54*, SW:  Callaway X Tour 58*
Putter:  Callaway ITrax, Scotty Cameron Studio Design 2, Ping Anser 4

I think you have to understand that what you consider a poor shot by your standards may be a damn fine shot by someone else's, and their comments are based on how they perceive the shot, not you. How else could they? They can't jump into your brain. They don't know what you think is good or not.

I play with my sister. She's terrible. Anything I hit that's airborne and in a forward direction she thinks is amazing. I just chuckle when she does the 'Oh my, GREAT shot, Jerry!' as the ball careens into the woods with a mondo slice.

Haha, that's true. I play with a range of people. But no one over a 35 handicap probably, so that would make them a slightly below average player I would think. I suppose some shots could look better to them than me, but as I said, it still just bothers me a little. It is rare that I actually say something to them. Normally i can just shrug it off.

I find it bothers me a lot when my day is going poorly. When I'm playing decent, one bad shot doesn't irk me. 4 in a row, we have problems :) haha

Originally Posted by Mr3Wiggle

Absolutely.  When I play with my wife she says good shot everytime some one gets one airborne.  I shanked one once and she clapped.  I said, "thanks dear".

Hey, at least you can get your wife out there. I wish my girlfriend would come out with me. I could golf TWICE as much haha

The only real gripe I have with the clueless complimentor is that sometimes I'll approach my ball which ended up in some horrible lie in a fairway bunker, and they'll go "oh wow I thought it was in the fairway!" when I knew it was headed to the bunker the entire time.  I remember one time a guy kept going on and on about how it must have taken a bad bounce or something, and I just wanted to reply, "no, it was just a bad shot."

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Have you tried the nRange golf app? It's totally free for the iPhone. I paid for a year for my Golflogix app and now I only use the free one. I feel like a sucker now for even paying at all. Oh and my pet peeve has to be the unsolicited advice guy on the course. I dont care so much on the range, but dont get in my head on the course.

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

Originally Posted by RonTheSavage

Have you tried the nRange golf app? It's totally free for the iPhone. I paid for a year for my Golflogix app and now I only use the free one. I feel like a sucker now for even paying at all. Oh and my pet peeve has to be the unsolicited advice guy on the course. I dont care so much on the range, but dont get in my head on the course.

I have the free golflogix app on my Android but my peeve is that the battery dies after 10 or 11 holes.

my get up and go musta got up and went..

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonTheSavage View Post

I have the free golflogix app on my Android but my peeve is that the battery dies after 10 or 11 holes.

Then try golf card. I just played a full round at 7:50am and I have 38% battery left at 5:15 pm. Brandon

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

My pet peeve is the cheapos that need to borrow my phone after a round because their phone died using their android app as a GPS instead of paying $30/year for skycaddie service.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

My pet peeve is the cheapos that need to borrow my phone after a round because their phone died using their android app as a GPS instead of paying $30/year for skycaddie service.

so tell your friends get an iPhone so their battery life isn't terrible. I use GolfShot GPS and it only kills about 10% of my battery :-)

Originally Posted by mikelegacy

so tell your friends get an iPhone so their battery life isn't terrible. I use GolfShot GPS and it only kills about 10% of my battery

If they are too cheap for $30/year service, not sure why you think they would shell out $200+ for a new phone . 10% has to be an exaggeration, even my ipod with no gps or cell service drains after a couple hours of playing not so intensive games.

Follow me on twitter

If they are too cheap for $30/year service, not sure why you think they would shell out $200+ for a new phone . 10% has to be an exaggeration, even my ipod with no gps or cell service drains after a couple hours of playing not so intensive games.

How? The phone's screen is on for like 15-20 seconds before every shot. Take my average score of 92 and multiply that by 15, then divide that by 60. That's a total of 23 minutes of screen time. If you're phone is dying more than ten percent with only 23 minutes of screen time, that's a horrible phone. And it was a joke.

How? The phone's screen is on for like 15-20 seconds before every shot. Take my average score of 92 and multiply that by 15, then divide that by 60. That's a total of 23 minutes of screen time. If you're phone is dying more than ten percent with only 23 minutes of screen time, that's a horrible phone.

And it was a joke.

I know it was a joke, but honestly - GPS running for 4 hours will do a number on your battery - unless the GPS goes off when the screen goes off, then you are sacrificing accuracy for battery life. It takes a good 15-20 seconds for the satellites to properly connect.

Follow me on twitter

I know it was a joke, but honestly - GPS running for 4 hours will do a number on your battery - unless the GPS goes off when the screen goes off, then you are sacrificing accuracy for battery life. It takes a good 15-20 seconds for the satellites to properly connect.

Yeah, certain apps do continue when the screen is off, but the golfshot app does not. Luckily, the course I play most has a strong cell signal so it's normally only 5 seconds to recalculate or so. I'm not crazy about distances so I look real quick and pick a club. the app has satellite maps but I rarely use those unlessi am at a new course or am stuck in another fairway or something

Yeah, certain apps do continue when the screen is off, but the golfshot app does not. Luckily, the course I play most has a strong cell signal so it's normally only 5 seconds to recalculate or so. I'm not crazy about distances so I look real quick and pick a club. the app has satellite maps but I rarely use those unlessi am at a new course or am stuck in another fairway or something

Thanks for the heads up on golfshot. I'll check it out.

my get up and go musta got up and went..

I hate it when I play with a guy who reads every put out loud only to miss it and say, " Well I had the right line, just didn't get the speed right."   These guys also like to describe the hole layout and let everyone know where they plan to hit it on every tee box. Its annoying because I have played the course probably more times than he has.

I use golf logix on an Ipnone 3 and I can get through 36 holes before battery has an issue.  The key is to use the button on top of the phone to turn it off between shots.

The problem you're all missing with cell phone gps apps is that if you're using your phone, people can call you during your round. I keep my phone off during my rounds because I'm there to play golf. "well Bob, it's 125 to the bunker on the right, and.. hold on I have to take this, it's the wife.."

Originally Posted by BEAN

I hate it when I play with a guy who reads every put out loud only to miss it and say, " Well I had the right line, just didn't get the speed right."

Gotta agree with you there. And further, when they miss they'll stand there with hands on hips in disbelief that the ball didn't obey and break the way they thought it would.

And stand there.

And stand there.

"IT'S GOOD, A-HOLE!" as you knock the remaining one-footer back to them, "Summer Stock theatre tryouts are next week. There's no style points for drama here."

Well okay, I don't actually say that. But that's what I think...

Note: This thread is 3942 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!