IGNORED

My driver shaft snapped....how do I pick a new one?

Note: This thread is 4083 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Today I hit a drive, everything was normal. As I came around on my follow through the club fell to the ground, and I was holding about 16 inches of the shaft including the grip. IDK how or why, but it snapped clean in half. The driver is 3 or 4 years old. I have been hitting it very well and avg 56% fairways. Low ball flight and my SS is 104-105. Ive never bought an aftermarket shaft and would kinda like to keep my current club head. Anyone have any advice?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My brother had the exact same problem with the exact same driver. After two factory shaft replacements he bought a new driver but later had the Cleveland reshafted with a Proforce V2 stiff. He still uses it to this day and it has not broken again. Given your swing speed I think you'd do fine with the same.

Ive seen the Pro Force V2 on sale in Golf Galaxy, but how do I get fitted for the shaft?

There should be some guidelines on the UST website-and you can also use your former shaft as a gauge. I don't know your swing, but if you were using a stiff shaft and swing 105 I'd stick with stiff, or stiff +, which is how the V2 feels to me (a little stiff to flex). I didn't note that you were a low ball hitter initially, so I wouldn't recommend the Proforce-it's high kick with a stiff tip which keeps the ball down. V2 is mid-launch, and you could decide if you want the same weight as your old shaft or something heavier. I personally like slightly heavier driver shafts, 75-80 grams, though my Prolite is a 68 gram Xstiff. Can probably find the V2 you want on ebay for a song, and as you said, your local shops should also carry it.

There should be some guidelines on the UST website-and you can also use your former shaft as a gauge. I don't know your swing, but if you were using a stiff shaft and swing 105 I'd stick with stiff, or stiff +, which is how the V2 feels to me (a little stiff to flex). I didn't note that you were a low ball hitter initially, so I wouldn't recommend the Proforce-it's high kick with a stiff tip which keeps the ball down. V2 is mid-launch, and you could decide if you want the same weight as your old shaft or something heavier. I personally like slightly heavier driver shafts, 75-80 grams, though my Prolite is a 68 gram Xstiff. Can probably find the V2 you want on ebay for a song, and as you said, your local shops should also carry it.

Thanks for the advice. I really have to try to hit it high. I would say I usually keep my drives under the tree level (25-35ft)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Go to your local store and they will put you on there monitor and have you hit some balls and they will suggest a shaft for you based on your numbers.

Note: This thread is 4083 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!