IGNORED

My Swing ($2 Nassau)

$2 Nassau
Note: This thread is 5015 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Attached are a couple videos of my swing. 6i-facing and Driver-facing. Hopefully get some DTL shots up soon. I of course have my own thoughts and frustrations but figured I'd just let everyone else have at it first. Thanks for viewing, any thoughts and suggestions greatly appreciated. I hope the quality is sufficient.

6 iron:

Driver:

I like your tempo. Plus, u look like Stewart Cink lol

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yeah, nice tempo. Great all around balanced swing. You look like you're a little bit on your heels with the driver compared to your 6iron. Don't know if that's big deal or not in the results. I tend to block it out to the right when I end up on the heels a little with the driver.

'09 Burner (UST ProForce V2 77g - S)
4dx 15.5 hybrid (UST V2 - Stiff)
'99 Apex Plus 3-EW (Stiff)
TM rac 50/6 GW
Arnold Palmer The Standard SW (20-30 years old)'99 Dual Rossie Blade

How can I slow it down, is there a better format to use? Viewing it while it was still on my camera, frame by frame, I saw some chicken wing action right at impact. Been working on it, it's gotten better but I tend to flip the wrist sometimes and hook the ball.

good looking swing and great tempo. only thing i would suggest would be to minize the amount of lateral movement. ideally, the hips should bump forward and then rotate thru the swing, your hips look as though they bump a bit too far and rotate less. a great drill for that is to take a chair(or stick) and place it about 4inches infront of your left hip. you will notice that u hit the chair on the way thru. the idea behind the drill is to lighly graze the chair(not move/knock it over) and rotate your hips thru. overall a great swing and tempo i would just work on your lateral movement.

greens and fairways,

tim

In my Diablo Edge Tour/ Titliest Stand Bag:
Driver: Nike VR Pro 8.5* w/ Myazaki 43g X
3 Wood: Nike VR Pro II 13.5* w/ Diamana Whiteboard 83g X
5 Wood: Cobra S9-1 Pro 18* w/ Diamana Whiteboard 83g X

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 21* w/ Prolaunch Red X
Irons: 4-7 Titleist 712 CB, 8-9 712 MB w/ TT Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: 46* Vokey SM4, 54* Vokey SM4, 60* TMade ATV

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Belly 43"

• Administrator
Watched it once and I'm going to say your shoulder turn is too flat with a fair amount of lifting of the arms.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Watched it once and I'm going to say your shoulder turn is too flat with a fair amount of lifting of the arms.

By too flat does that mean too "level" ? So when I start my swing should my left shoulder dip down more?

Thanks.

tried uploading to Swing Academy since that site slows the videos down for you and it seems like you can see more frame by frame in your swing. but having problems uploading for some reason. ugh.

I think he means at the top of your swing your left shoulder should be a little lower then your right shoulder. Your shoulder turn is too shallow. Your left shoulder should be pointing at the ball with your right shoulder well above it.

I think I get it now. Here's Els at the top of his backswing. I drew a line across his shoulders. This is of course a different camera angle but I'm sure my shoulders don't look like this at the top of the backswing.

• Administrator
I think I get it now. Here's Els at the top of his backswing. I drew a line across his shoulders. This is of course a different camera angle but I'm sure my shoulders don't look like this at the top of the backswing.

Correct. Your shoulders would be more level. Left shoulder down more for you.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 5015 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!