IGNORED

Terrell Owens - A Bengal

Floger
Note: This thread is 5025 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I don't quantify any player based solely on statistics. His numbers are impressive but that alone does not make him one of the best of all time. There are plenty of receivers out there who I would consider better than him because they bring the right attitude to the game along with impressive numbers.

Attitude has nothing to do with it. Michael Jordan was/is a huge d-bag even to his own teammates. Are you going to try and tell me he isn't one of the greatest NBA players of all time? You might not cosider TO to be one of the greatest, but the stats do. And when he is a first ballot hall of famer, maybe you will finally realize just how great of a receiver he was. You will probably say that Randy Moss isn't one of the greatest ever too, but he is even better than TO.

Between Ochocinco (I still hate typing that), Owens, and Bryant, Carson Palmer has no excuse for not throwing for 4000 yards and 30 TDs this year. Right now with the Ravens' banged up secondary and Joe Flacco still a suspect QB, the Bengals have to be the team to beat in the AFC North.

In the blue Colts bag:

Driver - FT-5 10°
Hybrids - 4DX 15.5°, 20°
Irons/Wedges - CI-7 4-GW, SW | "Free" Warrior 60° LWPutter - TiffanyBalls - various

I can't wait to watch them play. Owens may not be the player he use to be, but I think he still causes problems for defenses, especially with Ocho on the other side.

The Bengals have enough problems without adding another distraction. No-No-Cinko and Owens on the same team will create more problems than results. The Bengals aint going any wheres again this year.

The Bengals have enough problems without adding another distraction. No-No-Cinko and Owens on the same team will create more problems than results. The Bengals aint going any wheres

What problems do you think Ocho and TO will create? What problems has Chad created in the past? Owens is always an angel in his first year with the team. This won't be any different.

Since when is the playoffs no "wheres"?

I'm a big bengals fan (well not like some who are insane) and I'm not sure what will happen. I think if they get off to a good start and win, everything will be fine. But if things don't go as planned then TO will start his little baby S%%t.

It really depends on Carson. He looked bad last year and if he shows up again as inaccurate this will be another disappointing season. If not they might have one of the best teams in the league.

Go Bengals!!!!

Brian

The Bengals have enough problems without adding another distraction. No-No-Cinko and Owens on the same team will create more problems than results. The Bengals aint going any wheres

You do realize that these

distractions are blown way out of proportion by the media, don't you? Owens has never been a great team player but outside of a few sour grapes here and there, other players don't have much of an issue with TO. The media loves TO and loves to take any little scrap of controversy and blow it up like it's affecting an entire team or organization. Instead of reporting the news, they try to make it. I'm a Redskins fan and I can tell you that when TO was with the Cowgirls, I so very much wanted his antics to backfire on them. It just didn't happen....the media tries to make you believe it did but it just didn't (not to the degree that the coverage would lead you believe). Despite what ESPN wants you to believe, a middle linebacker is not going to miss a tackle because TO is jawing at the QB on the sidelines or because a reporter asked him about TO. Again, I've always rooted against TO and I think he's a first rate jackazz but pairing him with Chad Johnson will help the Bengals this year.

What's in my bag?
Bigger Sticks....: Driver: ping.gif G15 9* Fairwayping.gif 4-wood  Hybrids: 4,5  taylormade.gif Rescue Dual
Smaller Sticks...: Irons:  ping.gif G15 5-PW Wedges: titleist.gif Vokey Wedges 48, 52, 56 degree
Flatter Stick......:  odyssey.gif 2-ball putter
Not a Stick.........: Ball:  titleist.gif Dt So/Lo or NXT Tour  Bag:  taylormade.gif Catalina clicgear.gif

If anything I think the Bengals are better equipped to handle any potential TO nonsense because of all the other difficult personalities they've dealt with in the past.

In the blue Colts bag:

Driver - FT-5 10°
Hybrids - 4DX 15.5°, 20°
Irons/Wedges - CI-7 4-GW, SW | "Free" Warrior 60° LWPutter - TiffanyBalls - various

Owens is a good receiver but he really has horrible hands.

Driver: adams.gif Speedline 9032LS RIP Shaft (Stiff)

3 Wood: adams.gif Oviation 3Wood

Hybrids: taylormade.gif Rescue 18* 3H - 22* 4H

Irons: callaway.gif X-24 Hot Irons 5-PW

Wedges: cleveland.gif CG15 52, 56

Putter: odyssey.gif PT 82

Ball:  e6

Attitude has nothing to do with it. Michael Jordan was/is a huge d-bag even to his own teammates. Are you going to try and tell me he isn't one of the greatest NBA players of all time? You might not cosider TO to be one of the greatest, but the stats do. And when he is a first ballot hall of famer, maybe you will finally realize just how great of a receiver he was. You will probably say that Randy Moss isn't one of the greatest ever too, but he is even better than TO.

I disagree. Attitude DOES count. I have never heard that Jordan was a d'bag to his own teammates and if he was it isn't as well known as T.O.'s "it's all about me" attitude. First ballot Hall of Famer? I have my doubts. There are otherwise good players who have never been elected to the HOF in baseball, football, and other sports because of certain intangibles unrelated to their performance on the field. And for the record, I actually do think Moss is one of the best wide receivers. A main reason for this is that unlike T.O., Moss has straightened out his attitude.

My Implements of Destruction (carried in a Hoofer Lite bag):

DRIVER: Big Bertha Diablo 10 degree draw, Aldila regular flex
FAIRWAY WOODS: G2 14 degree 3 wood & 17 degree 5 wood
IRONS: S59 3-PWWEDGES: M/B 54, 58, & 60 degree PUTTER: I Series Anser 4 (or G5i Anser, Anser 2F, or original...

I disagree. Attitude DOES count. I have never heard that Jordan was a d'bag to his own teammates and if he was it isn't as well known as T.O.'s "it's all about me" attitude. First ballot Hall of Famer? I have my doubts. There are otherwise good players who have never been elected to the HOF in baseball, football, and other sports because of certain intangibles unrelated to their performance on the field. And for the record, I actually do think Moss is one of the best wide receivers. A main reason for this is that unlike T.O., Moss has straightened out his attitude.

Who has been left out of the HOF because of things unrelated to the field? HOFs are all about numbers. Has TO ever been arrested like Moss? Quit on his team like Moss? Took plays off like Moss? Pretending to moon fans like Moss? Squirted an official in the face like Moss? Bumped a police officer with his car like Moss? The only things that TO has done is wanted the ball more(the great ones do) and some disagreements with teammates/coaches.

Has TO ever been arrested like Moss? Quit on his team like Moss? Took plays off like Moss? Pretending to moon fans like Moss? Squirted an official in the face like Moss? Bumped a police officer with his car like Moss?

Totally agree. As stated before, I don't like TO-but you know he's going to play hard, if only because he just wants the ball. Moss is incredibly talented, but I can't believe the pass he gets after clearly taking plays off and all-out quitting on his team.

Who has been left out of the HOF because of things unrelated to the field? HOFs are all about numbers.

For one, Kenny Stabler. Two time AFC player of the year, 1976 NFL passing champ, and led the Raiders to their first Super Bowl victory. Ignored by the HOF because of some of his off-field exploits. Let me know if you need more examples. And the HOF is about more than just numbers.

My Implements of Destruction (carried in a Hoofer Lite bag):

DRIVER: Big Bertha Diablo 10 degree draw, Aldila regular flex
FAIRWAY WOODS: G2 14 degree 3 wood & 17 degree 5 wood
IRONS: S59 3-PWWEDGES: M/B 54, 58, & 60 degree PUTTER: I Series Anser 4 (or G5i Anser, Anser 2F, or original...

For one, Kenny Stabler. Two time AFC player of the year, 1976 NFL passing champ, and led the Raiders to their first Super Bowl victory. Ignored by the HOF because of some of his off-field exploits. Let me know if you need more examples. And the HOF is about more than just numbers.

No, he was ignored by the HOF because his stats aren't there. He isn't even in the top 20 of ANY QB stats. He is 45th in yards, 37th in td, 90th in passer rating, 16th in ints(ie not good, he had more int's than td's), 118 in pass ypg, 32nd in pass completion. It had nothing to do with off field exploits, which by the way TO has none of.

Anybody else? And you didn't know MJ was/is a huge d-bag?

It is widely known that MJ is was a jerk to teammates (he punched somebody n practice at least once, I think it was Steve Kerr), as well as a degenerate gambler and a womanizer.

Owens is a good receiver but he really has horrible hands.

If he caught half the balls he's dropped over the years he'd probably already have several all-time receiving records.

In the blue Colts bag:

Driver - FT-5 10°
Hybrids - 4DX 15.5°, 20°

I predicted to friends a while back the Cincy would pick up TO. They thought I was nuts, but I think it is a good pick up. I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned the "bad boy" picked up on the D side of the ball.

- Shane

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I predicted to friends a while back the Cincy would pick up TO. They thought I was nuts, but I think it is a good pick up. I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned the "bad boy" picked up on the D side of the ball.

2 reasons.

1. Pacman is irrelevant 2. People love to hate TO.

• 2 weeks later...
Note: This thread is 5025 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!