IGNORED

How do you warm up?

Mattplusness
Note: This thread is 5030 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I lay two alignment sticks down on the ground or mat at the practice range about 4 inches apart with the ball in the middle and hit a short iron, mid iron, long iron, and driver. Only about 5 or 6 shots per club. I do it to make sure that my shots aren't leaking right or left on me. In theory it should fly the same direction of the sticks if I'm swinging down the line. Then putting takes the majority of my time. I stick a tee in the ground and lay a shaft or alignment stick about 18 inches behind the tee. I try to get the ball as close to the tee as possible and go passed the tee but not hit the alignment stick. It works on your speed and if you start hitting that tee with regularity the cup will look huge when your round starts.

Do you always play same course it could be just that the backside is easier and fits ur game better. Just m2c

No, there are probably 10-15 courses in a reasonable area I will play, and it was a first time at this course, so riddle me that!

2013 Goal:

Single digit handicap

Personally, I never warm up on the range... that's a sure ticket to poor play on the course for me. Don't know why, but it is.

Pretty much the same for me. When I play in my league I just hit a few putts (always make 3 in a row before leaving the putting green) and maybe a few chips and just hit it. I only play in one or two handicapped competitions a year and used to get there early to hit a bucket of balls and never played particularly well. So this year I got there, hit some putts and maybe 10 balls on the range and shot 76, my best round in a couple years. Never again will I get there early to pound a whole bucket of balls before a tournament.

Titleist 910D3 8.5* Aldila RIP
Titleist 910F 13.5* Diamana Kai'li
Nickent 4DX 20* and 24*
Tour Preferred 5-PW
52.08, 56.14, 60.04 Titleist Vokey

Odyssey Metal-X #9 Putter

Pro V1x

I usually just do some general stretches. Toe touches, twists, and some dry swings with any club. Then I putt for a couple of minutes.

If it’s a day after I’ve worked out or played softball/football, I do the above then I have a couple of beers.

I usually get up to the course about 40 minutes before my team tees off in our league. I start on the putting green, and work out from there. I don't like hitting the range before my round, I lose my tempo when I do that. So, I about 40 practice putts, then hit some chips, pitches, and flops with my 60 and SW, then I stretch a little bit and take some practice swings with my driver. Seems to be what works best for me.

In my Callaway stand bag:

9.5 Degree Taylormade Burner Superfast Adilla Voodoo shaft
3 Wood: Cleveland Launcher 15 degree Adilla Voodoo shaft
Irons 3-SW: Callaway X-14 Steelhead

Lob wedge: Cleveland 60 degree

Putter: Ping Anser Karsten

Note: This thread is 5030 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!