IGNORED

European Ryder Cup team

bogie
Note: This thread is 4986 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

It's about to be decided.
Just got to wait for this guy to finish his speech.....

edit:
Grats to Paddy, Luke Donald and E.Molinari!
Sergio the 4th vice captain?

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Harrington, Donald and Molinari.

Sergio as 4th vice captain.

Bringing Harrington is a serious mistake in my view.Pretty awful record in the Ryder cup and that was when he was actually playing well.
A great shot is when you go for it and pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try it. ~ Phil Mickelson.

Harrington, Donald and Molinari.

yeah, i'd have left off harrington and chose justin rose. but paddy's an old dog with multiple majors. that'd be to a lesser extent like leaving tiger off for the likes of anthony kim.

yeah, i'd have left off harrington and chose justin rose. but paddy's an old dog with multiple majors. that'd be to a lesser extent like leaving tiger off for the likes of anthony kim.

Paddy V Tiger in the ryder cup singles.

Who'd win? They're both playing terrible at the moment!

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

Harrington and serious mistake don't go in the same sentence. Playing well? He's capable of pretty much anything on the golf course, as his major wins show, and he has a great temperant, which will help the team as a whole.

Harrington and serious mistake don't go in the same sentence. Playing well? He's capable of pretty much anything on the golf course, as his major wins show, and he has a great temperant, which will help the team as a whole.

Yeah, last year it looked like he'd win the US PGA until he got a quadruple bogey on that par 3. I still don't understand how he managed to do it.

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex

that'd be to a lesser extent like leaving tiger off for the likes of anthony kim.

Yeah, which is exactly what I'd do, personally.Maybe not Kim, since he's just back from injury, but someone in decent form.I know there's a lot to be said for picking experience and star names, but at the end of the day, surely you should go for form over all else.Padraig and Tiger are about as far from form as you can get.

A great shot is when you go for it and pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try it. ~ Phil Mickelson.

Watched him play lately? 'Serious mistake' off almost every tee

Yeah, which is exactly what I'd do, personally.Maybe not Kim, since he's just back from injury, but someone in decent form.I know there's a lot to be said for picking experience and star names, but at the end of the day, surely you should go for form over all else.Padraig and Tiger are about as far from form as you can get.

Right. Paddy got lucky that they needed another old dog. No way does he get the nod on form over either Rose or Casey.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Any word on what Monty's decision will be if Donald takes Hanson's guaranteed spot? Is Hanson a captain's pick, or will he elect some other player to take that remaining place?

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Followed by seriously good up and downs. Scrambling is very useful in the Ryder cup.

Yeah.. but you're not going to up and down every time.And even if you do, Pars aren't much good to you in matchplay if you're opponent is making birdies.

Paddy V Tiger in the ryder cup singles.

lol... i think monty's choice in picking paddy almost forces pavin's hand to match his pick with tiger. but i think pavin would have always picked tiger whether he wished to or not. in the end, i think a private conversation will be had between cory and tiger where he will be given the choice to play or not to play.

@ Chilli dipper: Is that even possible? Not saying it isn't, but nobody has mentioned that in the press conference etc.

It's plenty possible; in fact, Edoardo came within a point of surpassing McDowell on the world points list by winning at Gleneagles.

Here's how it breaks down: Luke Donald is 18.19 world ranking points behind Graeme McDowell for the fourth AQ position on that list. The winner of the Barclays will earn 70-74 world ranking points; Luke is currently tied for fifth. In comparison, the WGC-Bridgestone Invitational a few weeks ago had 76 world ranking points on the line; Sean O'Hair earned 18.24 points for finishing alone in fifth place. McDowell did not play this week, so he will be earning no points against whatever Luke does. It'll be close, but it's entirely within the realm of possibility if Luke finishes around fourth place, depending on if he finishes tied with other players.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Any word on what Monty's decision will be if Donald takes Hanson's guaranteed spot? Is Hanson a captain's pick, or will he elect some other player to take that remaining place?

I am 99.9% certain that as things stand at the moment is the team. The world qualification for the Europeans is not the world rankings but based on world events used for qualification. These finished with the us pga. Hence what happens in the Barclays does not matter with regards to autoqualification. The only thing it influenced was montys picks and those are done.

Thoroughly annoyed that Padraig made the European Team. He has 3 majors, but he has really had a poor season. Justin Rose, or maybe Paul Casey deserved his place. GRRRRRRRRR.
What I Play:
Wilson Mini Stand Bag | PING G10, 10.5°, Proforce V2 HL S | PING G5, 15°, 18°, Aldila NV 75 S | PING G5, 19°, Aldila VS Proto By You 80 S
Mizuno MX200 4-PW S | Ping Tour W 50/12 X | Ping Tour W 58/TS X | A selection of putters, all 35.5 inches.

Note: This thread is 4986 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!