IGNORED

Golf Channel Instructor Search

iacas
Note: This thread is 4870 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Even though someone is a virtual lock to win gold at the Olympics, they still hold the race, just in case the favourite falls down or fails the drug test. Maybe these guys didn't fall down or fail the drug test and nobody else set a world record.

Sean Miller splits another fairway with his erudite insight...he never ceases to get the calls right...some people think he is out of sight.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Rad Tour 16* | Tour Edge 19* | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Odyssey 2 Ball Blade | Vice Pro Plus  

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Clearly the votes didn't matter though. As much as I don't like his teaching, one of the contestants had a lot more votes than everyone else and we won't be seeing him on TGC.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to select fewer than four (4) or no Finalists or to extend the Contest Submission Period if an insufficient number of eligible, complete, tasteful, appropriate, or generally qualified entries are received.

So you believe the above to be true? This wasn't a contest, it was a marketing stunt. End of story. Just another reason not to support TGC in my opinion.

Good Lord, I thought i was on the discovery channel watching crocodile hunter when i was watching wayne player.

:cobra: Speed ld-f 10.5 Stiff
:snake_eyes: 3 & 5 Woods
:adams:A4 3 hybrid
:bridgestone: J33 Forged Irons 4-pw
:ping: 50th Aniv. Karsten Ansr Putter56*, 60* wedges

Good Lord Boyet, my beauty, though but mean, Needs not the painted flourish of your praise: Beauty is bought by judgement of the eye, Not utter'd by base sale of chapmen's tongues Shakespeare

Or in short: Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. And TGC made the rules, the result is their idea of "quality golf instruction" plus making money. Well, I don't like the result. Who cares about my/our opinion/s...

Why doesn't TGC give all/the top half of the participating PGA pros a little air time and run their entry? Sure, there were bad ones. But, hey, think Shakespeare - it would not be worse than the croc dudes performance :D

Sorry I did not read all 7 pages.... What happen to Michael Breed.. I loved that dude.

Tools in the Ogio bag.
Driver      Callaway
 Razr Fit Xtreme 8.5* Extra Stiff

3 wood   Callaway X hot Stiff flex

Hybrid     Ping I20 3H 20* & 4H 23*
Irons       Ping  I20 5-PW

Wedges  Ping Tour Gorge 52 & 56 Callaway Mack daddy 60*

Putter     Scotty Cameron Monterey

Balls      Bridgestone B-330

Shoes          Skycaddie SGX

I'm of the opinion that TGC should be publicly shamed for the scam they've pulled over with this one.

I watched the episode with Karen Palacios-Jansen this morning and there was virtually zero useful information. She basically said the fundamentals are important and it's important to get stronger and showed an exercise on how to strengthen your back. I turned it off half way through so maybe she saved the ground breaking info for later in the episode?

Also, she's hardly and unknown in the golf world. When she was giving her bio, she aid she's worked with Leadbetter, Faldo and currently writes for a popular women's golf mag (can't remember which one). Seriously? Out of all the really good candidates, they pick her? The fact that she's worked under Leadbetter and Faldo instantly tells you she probably doesn't have an understanding of ball flight laws, etc. If I were some of the legit candidates, I would be truely pissed and even though it would make no difference, TGC would hear from me. Unfortunately, it looks like The Golf Channel didn't even bother watching the rest of the videos or they would have chosen differently.

• 2 weeks later...

Really pathetic for GC to pull this stunt to get a lot of folks' hopes up when there really was no chance to begin with.

Watched Karen and Wayne -- duds.

Haven't seen the third finalist.

Ping G2 Driver; Titleist 906F2 5W; TM Rescue Mid 3H; Adams Idea Pro 4H; Titleist DTR 3-SW; Callaway Bobby Jones Putter; Ping Hoofer lite

• 3 weeks later...
Note: This thread is 4870 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!