IGNORED

Introducing Analyzr - Swing Video Analysis Software for Mac OS X

iacas
Note: This thread is 3103 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Was looking to not buy yet another camera (I've already got a DSLR, a camcorder and a tiny point and shoot in addition to my iPhone), but none of the items I own are really up to the task.

Just emphasizing here in follow up to Erik's post on this subject - we use a couple different ones at the academy but the Casio EX-FH25 is the best value around.

Dave

David Wedzik
Director of Instruction, Golf Evolution

LOWEST SCORE WINS! <- Check it out!!!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I will definitely buy this when I get my next computer, a Mac. That'll be a year or two though....

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Nearly done icon (the 512px variant).

This is the icon for Pro. We're not sure what we're going to do for the "Home" icon but it's going to be very similar. If anyone has any ideas and we use your idea, I'll give you a free copy of Scorecard (so it doesn't matter if you're on Mac OS X or Windows).
None

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

We're not sure what we're going to do for the "Home" icon but it's going to be very similar.

It looks good.

For the home version, what about only one set of playback controllers (centered) and reduce the number of LEDs on the top? And also remove the film strip.

• Administrator
It looks good.

The home version still works with video and still has two sets of playback controls.

The LEDs signify "analyzing" - which is why they progress from red ("bad") to green ("good").

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

The home version still works with video and still has two sets of playback controls.

I understood that, but I was taking hints off of how Apple used to differentiate "express" versions to "pro" versions.

Short of making a home version icon from scratch, I honestly don't see how to differentiate between the two versions unless you simplify the elements already in the Pro icon. And I still think the film strip is not necessary for the home version. And perhaps the "slate" could be a matte black or white [kind of like MacBook vs. Macbook Pro]). Less LEDs (like, from 10 to 6 for instance) doesn't mean it won't analyse anymore, and one set of controller says "simple" but not "limited". Anyway, just my 2 yen worth of opinion.

• Administrator
Short of making a home version icon from scratch, I honestly don't see how to differentiate between the two versions

Color is an option. And, well, that's why I posted the question... to see what other people would come up with. :)

And perhaps the "slate" could be a matte black or white [kind of like MacBook vs. Macbook Pro]).

See, color. Texture. Etc.

Probably late, but you could just put your existing icon inside a house, and the two video frames could look like windows in the house type thing. May create a very different looking icon, but the general picture would be the same, just in a different housing.

To make this concept work a little better, you could house your existing icon inside something else for the Pro version...like a golfball or a camera or something?

Still very much looking forward to see his product!

Edit:

Actually, is this product at all affiliated with Golf Evolution? If so, I'd recommend just using that awesome green circle icon you guys use and just putting an A in the middle of it for both icons, and just put a star on the pro version or something. Personal opinion is that the existing icon may be a bit busy.

Nearly done icon (the 512px variant).

Take the box/controller shape in the pro version, keep the reel, LEDs and playback controls, but modify the shape with a roof to look like a house. This would be the "home" edition of the application.

Also, I am confused about the "import video" feature not available on home. Surely we will be able to import our own swing (yes?), would we not be able to import a video library of tour swings for comparison?

In the Bag: TaylorMade R11 TP - TaylorMade R7 TP TS - Cleveland Halo - TM TP 2009 3-PW - Vokey SM 52 - Vokey SM 60 - Rife Barbados CS - ProV1x 

On the Computer:  Analyzr Pro 

• Administrator
Take the box/controller shape in the pro version, keep the reel, LEDs and playback controls, but modify the shape with a roof to look like a house. This would be the "home" edition of the application.

At one point I jokingly slapped the top of the "Home" icon in Mac OS X on top in the way you've described. It looked... bad.

Also, I am confused about the "import video" feature not available on home. Surely we will be able to import our own swing (yes?), would we not be able to import a video library of tour swings for comparison?

That's the danger of releasing a list that makes sense to us internally...

You can of course "import" videos, but they won't use our cool "importer." You'll drag and drop them into the library, which can store up to 25 videos in the Home version. If I were using Home, I'd put 15 models or so in there, a few of my best swings or some drills I like, and then would organize my swings in some folder somewhere by date.

• 2 weeks later...
Are the plans still to release it this month? Also, is there going to be some sort of trial version?

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

• Administrator
Are the plans still to release it this month? Also, is there going to be some sort of trial version?

By the end of 2010 - and yes, trial versions of both will be available.

I can't friggin' wait for this.
Driver - R9 460 9.5*
Woods - Diablo Edge 3 and 5
Irons - Diablo Edge 5-AW
Wedge - Spin Milled 56.14, 60.04
Putter - White Hot XG 330Ball - E52010 GoalsBreak 100, Break 90, Beat My Dad

• Administrator
I can't friggin' wait for this.

Did you sign up at analyzrgolf.com?

I think so. Haven't received anything, though.
Driver - R9 460 9.5*
Woods - Diablo Edge 3 and 5
Irons - Diablo Edge 5-AW
Wedge - Spin Milled 56.14, 60.04
Putter - White Hot XG 330Ball - E52010 GoalsBreak 100, Break 90, Beat My Dad

• Administrator
I think so. Haven't received anything, though.

Good... and no, we haven't sent anything out yet.

I've signed up as well... Can't wait to check it out!

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Note: This thread is 3103 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!