IGNORED

Best first time golfer

Frito
Note: This thread is 4980 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I don't know about his first round ever, but I played with an 18 year old kid recently who's final high school baseball season had just ended and he'd decided to take up golf. I played with him in his 3rd month of playing, with I think 6 lessons under his belt. He shot high 70s with a bunch of ugly 3 putts early and after fading towards the end with a couple very mediocre second shots. Was a super nice honest seeming kid who said his best round so far was a 75. He was maybe 5'9" at the most and skinny, hit his drives 280 minimum, with a bunch over 300. Slightly depressing...

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I mean it would be tough to say, its certainly possible... He could play once a month for four months and practice a lot inbetween. Or 4 times a year and practice in between.. Perhaps we will never know

That's how I did it. I broke 100 the first time with a 92. I also hit about 10,000 balls at the range between those two rounds.

Note: This thread is 4980 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!