IGNORED

JEESH, I'm tired of flubbed chips.

mdbuschsr
Note: This thread is 4966 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Perhaps the 50º saw what happened to your other clubs and figured it better get the work done, or it'll be scrap metal anytime soon!

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I was just in the same situation as you a few months back. I flubbed, bladed, chunked, you name it... and totally wrecked my score from the greenside. I knew that it happened to me because I laid off the game for around half a year and I haven't practiced. All the feels in my chip shots were gone.

Now they are starting to come back because I tried this;

On chip shots, take the club back as slow as possible (but remain some smooth, natural rhythm). This is to ensure that the club will contact the ball crisply. It may look and feel stupid to do this thing, but it will be better than bladed chip shots to nowhere.

Secondly, I try to get rid of my wrists on green-side shots. Similar to a putt, I try to use my shoulder more and let the loft on my wedge pick the ball up.

I just went through a major slump with the short game, so yesterday I went back to basics. By that I mean much more hip action, and a lot less arm action. When I get going bad I try to use a putting stroke too much, where my shoulders do everything. But yesterday I got back to using my hips and wrist cock to control distance. I find that I make much better contact when I think about hips and wrists, rather than shoulders and arms.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

... I guess the mental game got in my way. How do you quiet your mind, so it's not in the way? ...

When my chipping game falls apart, it's usually one of two things:

* I'm moving my head/looking up on the followthrough * I'm too quick on the takeaway, and get a loop in my downswing I'm not a supporter of laundry-list preswing thoughts. I can, however, come up with specific items to check if part of my game keeps fizzling.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Note: This thread is 4966 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!