IGNORED

Anyone ever walk away from a bucket?

JML22
Note: This thread is 4952 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Never walked away from anything larger than half a bucket. Normally if it's going that bad or painful, I'll just wait until the action delays and walk my empty bucket out about 10-15 feet and try to chip and lob balls into that.

If the playing on the course is going that bad I'll drop to only irons. If a mid to high teen handicap has never done it, play with only your irons one day from the same tees you normally play from. Especially if you are overly aggressive. You'd be amazed at how much laying up instead of swinging out of your shoes to hit a booming shot in to a green can help your game. The best part is when you still beat your friends without playing with woods or driver.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that I can remember, not because I was hitting poorly, anyway. BUT, I will walk away with up to 10 balls left if I'm hitting REALLY well and am about to start a round. I don't like to end on a bad shot. I usually just look for the youngest (or newest to the sport appearing) golfer and give him/her the rest of the balls.

Did today, but because my arm has been sore and I was really pushing it by going to the range again today. Just overly anxious to keep working on my swing, and was hitting really really well.

Left probably 15 balls in the bucket.

In my defense, I had to get a jumbo today instead of a large because "the machine wasn't giving out larges today, just mediums and jumbos"...so I was upsold against my will!

never, I go to the same ranges all the time..just put them in the trunk til next time. Am out of town now but I got a half a bucket sitting in my trunk...will pound it out on the way home from the airport on Friday. Just got to remember one uses floaters the other uses real balls...don't want to mix em up.

I've walked away from buckets twice in a week.

Once I was super-dead-on-money with every shot imaginable - that I had to quit.

Once I was hooking and blocking and filling my mind with doubt so often - that I had to quit.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

Today was the first time ever in 34 years that I gave away some range balls. I'm usually the range rat that scurries to gather the left behinds. But after 3 buckets of absolute perfection I was just plain worn out and didn't want to risk a poor swing. Now please don't mistake my term perfection as some kind of arrogance. You need to understand that after 34 years of playing this frustrating sport, I have never, ever hit the ball as well as I did today. Sure I have good days with short irons or woods or long irons but today's performance was through the entire bag. And I have never hit my driver well, until today. I have been so happy with the session that I was walking on clouds all day. Just wish that I had recorded my swing today and actually had the time to play 18.

David

Note: This thread is 4952 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!