IGNORED

Should i be playing off the white tees for my handicap?

8.5_Drive
Note: This thread is 4961 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Doesn't the handicap rating system take into account what tee you are playing from and adjust accordingly? Im a 20+ cap and play from the tips though because my friends make fun of me if we dont

It does, but I would wager that the course handicap and extra strokes you get from farther back tees don't justify the added difficulty, at least not for a high handicapper. 500 yards longer course and 4-5 shots more will usually end with scores worse than those 4-5 shots you get.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My limit is 6500 yards. Whatever tees fit in between 6000-6500 that's what I play and more often than not it's the White tees here in the US. Lately, I've been playing behind groups of golfers who are out probably once a month and they play from the tips - I really do not understand the point. If you aren't holding up play, fine, but when your tee shot barely clears 200 yards or you are constantly having to re-tee, move your ass up.

In the spring I played a round at Roddy Ranch and the starter actually got on the group ahead of us for playing the tips. Two guys tee off not even clearing the front tees, re-tee and same thing. He told them to move up, which is something more courses should push for.

Callaway Org14 Sport w/ Clicgear Cart:

Callaway X 460 9* - Callaway X 15* - TaylorMade 19*/21* Hybrid - Callaway Diablo Forged 4-PW - Titleist 50/56/60 - Rife Cayman Brac - Bridgestone xFIXx/B330-RX - TRUE Linkswear Supporter!

no and no. a 12 plays the memeber t's which are typically the blues but occasionally something else. The whites are for the old guys...at a club that would mean over 70 or more. I have played with a couple guys that are 75 plus but play memebers...according to them the "whites are for old guys" LOL

For the old guys? I just played with a member that shot his age (74) on our Par 72 (~6400 yards slope 118) course. White tees, but bet he would do better than most players from the blues. I admit a lot of our over 70 members don't have the ability to play well from the Blue but you need be careful how you characterized ability by age. I know some over 70 members near scratch that would probably take your money in a heart beat.

Butch

Note: This thread is 4961 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!