IGNORED

Feel VS Technical by Handicap

allin
Note: This thread is 6398 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Feel or Technical by handicap level

• High Handicap 20+
    • Feel oriented
    • Technically oriented
    • Combination of the two
    • Mid Handicap 10+
    • Feel oriented
    • Technically oriented
    • Combination of the two
    • Low Handicap 9-
    • Feel oriented
    • Technically oriented
    • Combination of the two

Most people tend to learn and play more from one or the other a technical or analytical perspective, I believe. I am curious how this corresponds by handicap level. As I get better I am becoming more and more feel oriented. For example when I first started playing I was very aware of just how I was taking the club back, turning my shoulers etc. Now my normal backswing thought is to feel as if I am gathering myself. Timing and when things happen more than what is happening I guess.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

OOPS, I meant to say feel or analytical perspective.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

I voted a combination of the two, I practice my techical swing on the range but on the course I will adjust based on feel. Rarely will I try to fix my swing while on the course, so if I'm hitting all my drives with a fade then that's what I play, make sense.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

i voted combination of the two. you need a certain amount technical knowledge to understand why the ball comes off the clubface and does this or that and what you need to do to fix a problem, on the range. when you get out on the course, it is all feel.

in the bag:
driver-titleist D2 10.5* w/aldila nv shaft
3-adams speedline fast 10 w/aldila shaft
hybrid-titleist 585 17* w/aldila shaft
irons-titleist 735cm w/ttdg s-300 shafts

wedges-cleveland 588, 53* and 60* w/ttdg shafts

putter-scotty circa 62 #1, gun metal finish

ball-pro v1

shoe-dryjoys

Note: This thread is 6398 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!