IGNORED

I think I was fitted for the wrong shaft

Note: This thread is 4923 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Did the fitting suggest stiff shafts, but you received regular? Reason I ask, many more folks "should" be hitting regular shafts than actually do. There is a good arguement to be made for hitting the most flexible shaft you can control. I have made this mistake in years past. Don't automatically assume you should not be hitting regular flex shafts. It is possible (yet unlikely I concede) that you got what they fitted you for. I would at least consider another fitting before going through the hassle of having my brand new clubs (that I was pre-fit for) changed. Food for thought at any rate.

I agree. I think that how you hit them is the real question here. If you're all over the place and can't control them, then you may have an argument here. I play DGS300 and I'm swinging nearly 10mph faster. I'm not familiar with your particular shaft, but I think the best way to tell if you were fit incorrectly is if you can't hit them. Then you have a case with the retailer. My .02

Driver: Taylormade Tour Burner 9.5° | Fairway Wood: Adams Speedline Fast 10 15° | Irons: Mizuno MP-57 3-PW | Wedges: Cleveland CG11 52° 56° 60° | Putter: Odyssey White Hot XG Rossie

OK, good news, Mizuno built the clubs wrong but they're going to build me new ones with the right shaft. I was fitted for GS95 S300s by the fitter and that was what was sent to Mizuno, but they accidently built them with R300s. They're going to build me a new set from the ground up and ship them to me next week at no additional charge. Way to go Mizuno!

As for making the thread, I did it because the shop was closed when I made the thread and I was really worried about my clubs and what my options were about what I could do to remedy the problem. So screw off if you got a problem with it, or don't click on the thread; easy solution for you.

OK, good news, Mizuno built the clubs wrong but they're going to build me new ones with the right shaft. I was fitted for GS95 S300s by the fitter and that was what was sent to Mizuno, but they accidently built them with R300s. They're going to build me a new set from the ground up and ship them to me next week at no additional charge. Way to go Mizuno!

Thats great. That is what I'd expect from them.

Brian

Hardly surprising that Mizuno made right on this. Glad it worked out for you.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I never had a doubt. You are definitely s300 material based on your numbers. Now we can all sleep easier. Congrats on the new clubs!

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

I love a happy ending!
Driver: Cobra AMP 10.5* w/ orange Diamana Whiteboard, 3 Wood: TourEdge Exotics Trilogy 15*
Hybrid : TourEdge Exotics Trilogy 3I
Irons: Mizuno JPX800PRO 5-GW
Wedges: Vokey SM 56*, 64*, Cobra Big Trusty Rusty 55*
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S 43"

so did you get your club back yet??

i was fitted to ns 950GH Stiff and my ball launch is way higher... my 7 iron feels like my pitching wedge... do you think i was fitted to wrong shaft?? i thought my x-24 with uniflex (steel) had high launch... do you think i still may be able to change my shaft??

In my Rider Cart Bag
Driver: Titleist 910D3 with Project X 6.0 45inch  (9.5)
FWs: Titleist 910F with Project X 6.0 (15 and 17)
HYB: FT-IZ (3)
Iron: MP-53 NS Pro 950 Stiff Flex (4-pw)Wedges: MP T-11 (50, 6), Tour Action 900 (54 deg), CG 15 (60, 8)Putter:SC Studio Select Newport 2.6 33inch

I ordered a new set of Mizuno MP-53 irons on Monday, and I just got them in today. I went through the whole fitting process with the shaft optimizer and everything. I was fitted for True Temper GS95 shafts. However, I think that I was fitted in stiff flex, but when the clubs came in, they are GS95 R300s. I didnt realize this until after I left the golf shop today and went to the range (I only hit the 7 iron, 6 iron, and PW). Something didnt feel right, and low and behold, I look at the shaft, and it is a Regular flex.

I would ask you a simple question.

Do you fade with the new shafts? If you already fade, did it make it worse. If you can keep control of the flex, you can hit longer. As long as it isn't making you less accurate, I would keep them.

Driver - Taylor Made 09 Burner.
3 Wood - Callaway Diablo.
Hybrid Irons - Adams A30S
Wedges - 52* Titleist Vokey Spin Milled. 56*, 60* Taylormade Rac.
Putter - Scotty Cameron Circa 62 #1.

Very nice.

Driver - Taylor Made 09 Burner.
3 Wood - Callaway Diablo.
Hybrid Irons - Adams A30S
Wedges - 52* Titleist Vokey Spin Milled. 56*, 60* Taylormade Rac.
Putter - Scotty Cameron Circa 62 #1.

so did you get your club back yet??

Hm, I dont know. I was able to get a fix because Mizuno made the mistake in building the clubs. I would go talk to Miles and see what is up. He is a good guy and will help you out and get you what you need. By the way, Ill be at Tech tomorrow and again on Friday for the basketball game. Ill be court side with the Marines.

Got the irons today and theyre perfect. Mizuno earned a customer for life

That's the way to do it, plus they are hoping you tell all your friends! It is nice to hear how people can still get good customer service these days (and it's probably why they are still around when others are folding).

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Hmmm .... a good customer service ??? they only corrected their own initial mistake ...... my .02

Cal Razr Hawk 10.5 | TM Superfast 3W | Adams Idea Pro Black 20 | MP-68 3-PW | TW9 50/06 + 58/12 | Ram Zebra Putter

Hmmm .... a good customer service ??? they only corrected their own initial mistake ...... my .02

You're right but mistakes do happen sometimes. How a company reacts to those mistakes makes a big difference.

In the bag:
Driver:  Burner 10.5* Stiff     ||    3 Wood:  Burner 13* Stiff     ||     Hybrids:  Slingshot 17*, 21*, 24* Utility

Irons:  MX-300 5-PW     ||     Gap & Sand Wedge:  Spin-Milled Black Nickel 52.08* / 58.08*

Putter:  VP-09 Blade 33"     ||     Ball:  Penta TP

I just purchased a set of Mizuno mp-58's with the GS95 S300 shafts after being fitted like you. My swing speed is only 90 mph and the stiff shafts produce excellent ball flight. During the fitting, I tried several shafts - none of them were regular. I doubt that you were asked to try any regular shafts during your fitting? One more reason it would seem your fitter inadvertently selected regular shafts for you. Hope to hear it went well for you!

Titleist 910D2 10.5* Stiff / Taylormade 3 Wood - Superfast 2.0 15*  3 Superfast 2.0 Rescue 18* Stiff Shafts

Note: This thread is 4923 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!