IGNORED

Rangefinder

Note: This thread is 4319 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I bit and bought the Callaway/Nikon LR550. Played with a bunch of them in the store. (BIG store 60 yards each direction with lots of intermediate targets to play with) That seemed to be the one that felt the best to me without dropping a hundred more for the highlighted in red one. I have 90 days to play with it in case I don't like it. But I think I have a winner. Taking it on range Saturday to verify range targets and then tournament Sunday.

In my SasQuatch carry bag.
909D2 9.5* (Aldila Voodo Shaft)
FT 3W 15* (Fujikura E370 Shaft Stiff Flex)
FT Hybrid 21* Nuetral (Fujikura Fit On M Hybrid Stiff Flex)
FT Hybrid 24* Nuetral (Fujikura Fit On M Hybrid Stiff Flex)Irons: X22 Tour 5 thru PW (True Temper Dynamic Gold S300) 2* upright (also...

I bit and bought the Callaway/Nikon LR550. Played with a bunch of them in the store. (BIG store 60 yards each direction with lots of intermediate targets to play with) That seemed to be the one that felt the best to me without dropping a hundred more for the highlighted in red one. I have 90 days to play with it in case I don't like it. But I think I have a winner. Taking it on range Saturday to verify range targets and then tournament Sunday.

Let us know how the Callaway/Nikon is. I don't hear too many firsthand experiences with those but have heard some good online reviews. I love using the laser to measure targets at the range.

« Keith »

Pretty excited. Stopped by Roger Dunn in Santa Ana (Orange County) today to pick up some rain gear pants as it looks like I will be playing a tournament Sunday in possibly some decent wet conditions. Well they just announced a 20% off sale on everything this weekend. They were nice enough to give me the 20% back on my purchase last night. WoooHOOO!!!! Well their generosity cost me more $$$$$ of course as I went and picked up some extra "stuff". LOL review tomorrow.

FT Hybrid 24* Nuetral (Fujikura Fit On M Hybrid Stiff Flex)Irons: X22 Tour 5 thru PW (True Temper Dynamic Gold S300) 2* upright (also...

Used the Callaway LR550 today. So far so good. I like it. Later in the round I really started to trust it. On one home to pin it gave me 110. I grabbed my GAP wedge (though pin looked to me as closer than 110) and hit is perfect. It landed about 5 yards beyond the pin and backed it up to right at pin high. It is pretty amazing.

BTW it came in extra handy today as it has rained here for a day and a half. No carts allowed on grass. So it worked out great!

Let us know how the Callaway/Nikon is. I don't hear too many firsthand experiences with those but have heard some good online reviews. I love using the laser to measure targets at the range.

I have one and i LOVE it, it locks on quick and it is very easy to use. the ergonomics are good and the rubberized cover is very nice. I am able to get the yardage to the pin within a second or two. I just wish that i did not wait so long to get one, I have nothing bad at all to say about it.

Irons X-22 Tour irons 3-PW
Driver Superfast TP
Fairway Wood Burner 3W
wedge 50 degree
wedge GS-15 56 DegreeWedge 62 degreePutter ZebraBall TP LDP Red B330 tour

I understand the reasoning for not wanting to get an app instead of a Rangefinder.

Im in the same boat.

I use a Rangefinder, because I can use that rangefinder anywhere I go. The golf app's are only useful on the golf course.

I have Nikon 800S, and that thing is super fast. I dont like fiddling with stuff on the fairway, I always feel subconscious about others waiting on me. No regrets at all with it.

• 6 months later...

I have the best model from this company.   I bought it from amazon.com.  With the scan mode it is fairly easy to use as you pass it over the flag it reads a bunch of different yardages and the closest one is the flag.  It is also nice to use to find carry distances over hazards.  I have used it to find the distance to pins over 200 yards away with no problem.  At first I was nervous about buying from a company I had never heard of but I have tested it against my friends bushnell tour v2 and all of the yardages are the same and it is just as fast if not faster.  If you do not like it then just return it as it has a great waranty and the company has great company service.

• 1 year later...
Note: This thread is 4319 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!