IGNORED

Anyone playing Mizuno MP FLI-HI Iron Hybrid?

Old1964
Note: This thread is 4905 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Is anyone playing the Mizuno MP FLI-HI Iron Hybird?

I am looking debating between filling the 3 iron spot with one of these or an Adams hybrid.

Any insights on this would be very appreciated.

Titleist 910D2 10.5* Stiff / Taylormade 3 Wood - Superfast 2.0 15*  3 Superfast 2.0 Rescue 18* Stiff Shafts

I've played both the Cleveland LDI and currently the Titleist 503h, I would say the LDI's are much closer in design. I've also played the Adams A3 Hybrids.

Pros of going with the driving iron/hybrid
- Easier to work the ball
- I felt I got much greater distance off the tee.

Con's
- Much less forgiving off the fairway and rough, you are rewarded with good shots that make your friends jaw drop and you are heavily penalized with bad shots.

I'm now looking into a more conventional hybrid, Idea Pro or Titleist 909h. I will keep my Titleist 503's though, some courses call for a driving iron and this club is a dream off the tee!!

In the Bag

Cobra Amp Cell Pro Black Tie 7M3 Stiff  |  LS Hybrid Kurokage Stiff  |
 Nickent 4DX KBS Hybrid Stiff 3,4  | Cobra S3 Pro 5-PW Project X 5.5  |
 Scratch 53*, 59*  |  Odyssey Backstryke  |  Srixon Z Star

I've played the 3 and 4 fli hi last year and still have them. I like them ok. For me, I don't hit my irons really high which these clubs aren't meant to hit the ball higher than a typical iron. They are reasonably forgiving. I'd say as forgiving as a GI long iron. I paired them with my MP 60 irons and they were more forgiving than the mp 60s. They reward good swings, punish bad ones, just like other clubs. I don't carry mine now b/c I can hit my 7 Wood high and stop it from 200-210 out were as those they come in lower so just not as useful to my. The pure ones were sweet and high, but missed ones just didn't go. If I played were it was really windy and fast, I could see them being really useful.

I hope this helps. It is really a preference thing. Traditional hybrids are really hooky for me, the driving iron like the fli his are better, but for me the high lofted fairway wood is the best option from long range.

Brian

I own a 17* (2H) MP FLI-HI. I use it instead of a 5W, and I like it.
This is the only hybrid I've owned, so I can't compare it, sorry. It is easy to work the ball (of course, this means that when your swing is off it will be reflected in the ball's flight), and the ball has a long, mid-low (again, this is a 2i replacement, so mid-low is what I want) penetrating flight when well struck. The feedback is ok; you will definitely know when you miss a hit (and where in the face you made contact), and the sound is muted, but nice.
I will recommend it, but not if you are looking for forgiveness.

Clubs in my bag: TaylorMade R7 SuperDeep TP 9.5° Fujikura Speeder 757 S | Titleist 906F2 13° AccuFLEX ICON FH X| Adams Idea Pro Black 18° Aldila NV Pro 105-S| Mizuno MP-57 3-7; MP-32 8-P PX6.0 | Mizuno MP T-10 54.09, 60.05
My bags and cart: Titleist Carry Bag | Mizuno Omega V + Clicgear 2.0

I've never owned one, but that's because I've never liked them enough to buy one.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I test-hit one on a launch monitor in October. It was a 3i Fly-Hi with an R-flex YS+6 shaft in it.

Ball went quite straight, but trajectory was low and distance about the same as my own 3i. I would suggest that proper shaft would be extremely important in this club, maybe worth a custom order.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4905 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!