IGNORED

Ever got hit by a ball?

DBake
Note: This thread is 6382 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Anyone ever been hit with a nother person ball?

I was! Last summer I was out playing at Trophy Lake , I sat my bag down in the middle of fairway grab my pitching wedge bent down one hand on the golf club propping myself when another golfers ball comes screaming in from the second hole missing my arm that is picking up grass clippings and wacks me in the foot, "OOOUUUCCCHHH" I scream out, with a yell screams out saying "FORE!!!!". My playing partner begins cracking up as the golfers day comes running over the hill asking if I am alright as his son comes up from behind him. As I get pretty red faced my playing partner mentions to them that I am alright and that they might want to move on. I went on to birdie the hole as my playing partner mentioned that I have the ball marker on my golf shoe still to this day.

Thank you leather Nike golf shoes!
DBake
Titleist 909D3 10.5* Tour Green 89 Stiff
Titleist 906F2 15* v2 85 Stiff
Mizuno MP-30 2-PW S300
Mizuno MP-R 52* & 59*Scotty Cameron Studio Design 1.5Titleist Pro V1Leupold GX-1The Home Course (75.7/130)

Yep, sure have.
Used to play with a real hot head who took his game too seriously and was overly competitive. One day he was struggling with his game and missed a putt. I was standing on the green and he took a mighty swing with his putter and hit the golf ball as hard as he could . . . right into my shin bone.

It felt like getting hit with a sledge hammer. I was in severe pain for a long time and a huge welt the size of a golf ball rose from the area.

As I recall that brought our golf outings to an end, and looking back that was a real good thing for me, as playing with him was sheer misery.

Now I'm very careful to always stand behind people and avoid any such contact. I'm not too scared of getting hit in the fairway by a long drive as the ball usually drops out of the sky pretty softly and really won't hurt much.

2009 Burner R
FT-I Fusion Squareway 3W 15* Fujikura Speeder Fit-On R
5W R7 R
FT Fusion Hybrids Draw 3/21*, 4/24*
G5 5-PW X-forged Vintage: 52.12, 56.14MDScotty Cameron: Newport 2 ProV1

Yep, about 28 years ago..yeah long time..since..knock on wood. I was watching some guy hitting from the other side of the playground..I was laughing at him that he couldn't hit me..probably 160 yards out..all of a sudden whack..right in the middle of my thigh..I fell like a sack of potatoes..felt like the biggest charlie horse..thinking about it that could've been my noggin..

As far as being in the 'safe zone' is concerned . . .

Sometimes even being 90* doesn't work. Was on the driving range and a dad with two kids came along. One of the kids started hitting next to me . . . and balls were spraying right in front of me. Oh well, I thought, I'm at 90* there is no way one can hit me unless she hits it behind her. Well a bit later a ball went wizzing by my head . . . behind me, somehow she hit the ball behind her at about 7*, now I never feel safe when a beginner starts spraying the ball around, anything is possible under those circumstances LOL!

2009 Burner R
FT-I Fusion Squareway 3W 15* Fujikura Speeder Fit-On R
5W R7 R
FT Fusion Hybrids Draw 3/21*, 4/24*
G5 5-PW X-forged Vintage: 52.12, 56.14MDScotty Cameron: Newport 2 ProV1

lol yes, this thread brings back memories.. i was playing a par 3 course in my early days with a few buddies, we were followed by a 2 some the hole day, we were just below and to the right of the last hole we played. The only thing seperating us and that tee was 20 yrds right and a huge tree. After just hitting my shot, I heard FORE! only to turn and look back to recieve a golf ball in the chest. Fortunately it hit a few leaves of the tree and slowed down quite a bit vefore it hit, still hurt. After a good laugh with my buddies and an appology from the guy who hit the ball.. we finished up the round. I consider it a good omen.

: 905R 9.5*
904f 15*
Baffler DWS 20*
eye 2
spin milled 54*, Vokey 58* White Hot XG #9 Pro V1x

Twice, both while working at a driving range 20+ years ago. The first time was on the big toe of my right foot, I was only about 100 yards from the mats and some moron must have skied one and it came down on my toe. Within about a minute the toenail was completely black and it fell off about a week later. I don't think the toe was broken but it hurt for a long time.

The second time I was picking up balls about 100 yards out and I got hit in the back of the hand I was using on the scoop to pick balls up, that one hurt a LOT. I had an egg the size of a golf ball on the back of my hand for about a month.

If you hear someone call fore, got to ground or get behind something, it hurts a LOT to get hit.

Great topic! I still cringe at the thought of my accident.

I had teed off and was walking up for my second shot, pulling my bag... I hear a deep 'thump'... the unmistakable noise of a ball hitting the ground hard. I froze not know where the source was and next thing I know, I get hit square in the mouth.

I bent over immediately and blood started to flow. I don't know how, but my front teeth did not fall out or get broken. However my top lip was cut by the ball pressure against my front teeth.

It seems the guy teeing off on the opposing fairway hooked the ball so bad, it jumped into my fairway and punched me in the mouth. Amazingly when the guy caught up to me, he simply asked where his ball was. He was very close to eating a 9 iron. Ah, good times. I should have bought a lottery ticket that day.

I wanted my money's worth so I finished the round, but by the time I was done, my top lip looked like a bloated, purple fish.

Colin

WITB:
Driver: SUMO 10.5* w/Stock Shaft R
Wood: X-3 15*Hybrids: Slingshot 3 @20* Graphite RIrons: Slingshot OSS 4-AW Graphite RWedge: CG11 52* and 56* Putter: G5i UG-LEBall: One Black -or- Juice. Still experimenting.

I have never been hit, but my brother dead pulled on off the tee into a tree. It came right back and hit him in the shall we say drop zone .
I bladed a wedge one time and nailed my father. I don't remember exactly back or hips?

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

I've been on both sides of the coin.

Receiver:
When we were kids, I made the mistake of walking around the back of the green while my youngest brother attempted to chip on to the green. Problem was that he was attempting to do so with a 3 iron and a pretty full swing. It caught me on the shin and I dropped as if that leg had been removed; rapidly. I spent the next few days with what appeared to be a purple golf ball (dimples and all) attached to my shin.

Sender
2 years ago I was playing with my boss and the 15th hole of the course we were playing was a fairly long par 5 and usually not reachable. I struck my drive right on the screws; long and straight. I had a chance to get there but it was a blind shot over a hill. I ran up and looked to get an aiming point, came back down and gave it a shot. I struck my 3 wood as well as my driver, and I swore I was on, maybe even tight. Turns out I flew the green and nailed a guy cutting across to the next hole right in the fleshy part of the neck. When I got up there it looked like a traffic accident; pull cart turned over, wheels still spinning slowly, and this giant of a man sitting there holding his neck. He asked for some ID in case he needed to sue me for damages, but he kept on playing so I'm guessing it didn't hurt all that bad. But man did it leave a welt.

I know it's not funny, but I still chuckle when thinking about that cart...

In My Bag:

Taylormade: Superquad 9.5 Aldila VS Proto 'By You' 70-S
Sonartec: SS-07 14.0 Aldila NV 85-S
Cleveland: Halo, 3i UST Irod 83-SPing: i-10 4-UW AWT-STitleist: Vokey Design Spin Milled 54.10 & 60.08Slighter: Handstamped Tacoma, 350G in Black Satin w/Sound Slot

Fortunately, I have never hit anyone or been hit, but I have seen it happen both ways.

A buddy of mine pulled a hybrid approach shot right of the green and it sailed into the area where people parked their carts while on the next tee box. He screamed "fore", but it didn't help. A pre-teen girl was sitting in a cart waiting on her Dad to tee off and she got it full force right on the shoulder. Left a nasty welt.

This same buddy and I were preparing to hit approaches on #1 hole that ran parallel to #9. A twosome playing #9 had hit one of their tee shots into our fairway. We were about 100 yards apart and there was a 10ft high mound between us and them. One of them pulled out a 3 wood and mishit it right over the mound and into my buddy's thigh about 3 inches left and below Jr. and the twins. He had one hell of a bruise. Their excuse was that they didn't see us. I mean there were only 5 of us with 3 carts, so I can see how they might not have seen us....if they were all blind.

I hit myself once.. I had an approach from around 150 that had to go between two trees spaced about 10ft apart. I had to keep it low to avoid the overhanging branches. I hit it solid and low. It hit the left hand tree and shot right back at me at the speed of light. I tried to get my foot out of the way, but didn't have time. It caught me right on the side part of the saddle on my shoes and knocked my foot out from under me. Stung like crazy.

Roy McEvoy is my hero.

In My bag
TM Burner 9.5 S Flex

Wilson Invex Strong 3 and 5 wood

Maxfli Revolution 3-PW Irons

Cleveland 54/60 wedges

Odessey XG #7 Putter

I have been litterally laughing out loud while reading these. I've been hit once and narrowly missed a few times.

The hit came on a par 3 that falls off behind the green. We waived the twosome up that was behind us and I stood down there thinking it was safe. I was quite wrong. The guy airmails the green and catches me square in the thigh.

The best near miss came when my wife and I went golfing with one of my buddies and his girlfriend. I was standing 90* to her right and she was pitching onto the green. She took this massive backswing and somehow sends the ball straight at my head. I pulled off my best Matrix move and managed to lay back far enough to avoid it. There is no way I could repeat the move, but it was hillarious.

Last Summer we got paired up with two guys. We were walking up 12 when the group on 13, wich runs parallel in the opposite direction, teed off. The guy walking next to me just fell forward. I thought he tripped until he popped up holding his head. He had blood comming down his forehead. It had dotted him on the top of his forehead. The guy who hit it has so upset I thought he was going to cry. He had the guy get in his cart and took him in. He ended up with 6 stitches and a nasty welt.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

Practicing chip shots in college behind the dorms one day. Made the mistake of getting to the 30* angle right side of a kid who'd never picked up a club before. He bladed it (full force) into my neck.

I dropped to the ground thinking he broke my neck. After a few minutes of pain, I was ok to move again. I tried to play around a little more but got a massive headache. I've had them weekly in that same spot ever since (3 years ago). I've been to several chiropractors and several massage therapists, but nothing seems to work.

Take my advice: When playing with someone who sucks - don't stand "downwind"!
"Hit 'em hard - they'll land somewhere." - Stewart Maiden

In the Bag:

Driver: R480, 10.5*, Graphite5 Wood: R540 XD, 17.5*, GraphiteIrons: Big Bertha 4-10 + GW, SSWedge: 56*, Chrome, SSPutter: White HotBall: HX Hot

Playing with two buddies a couple of years ago right after a couple of days of rain, we were on a low-lying par 4. One of our group was standing just in front of a puddle of casual water waiting for the other guy to hit from the treeline. The guy hitting out of the treeline squares his into a tree and it careens wildly into the fairway headed right at the puddle guy's head. I yell, "Look out." and puddle guy looks up just in time to see this ball headed at him. He jerked backwards to avoid being hit only to have both feet fly out from under him. He landed flat on his back in the puddle and it looks like a cannonball into a mud puddle. I have to go sit in the cart to catch my breath because I am laughing so hard my belly hurts....

Roy McEvoy is my hero.

In My bag
TM Burner 9.5 S Flex

Wilson Invex Strong 3 and 5 wood

Maxfli Revolution 3-PW Irons

Cleveland 54/60 wedges

Odessey XG #7 Putter

Note: This thread is 6382 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!