IGNORED

Using Stack n Tilt PLUS conventional swings

Robato
Note: This thread is 4876 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi Erik, don't get irate with me, not bashing S&T; just sharing my experience and hoping for help. Love to make stack n tilt work out as I feel that my iron play is 100% better and if I can get the driver technique down and move towards the swing  with all my clubs I have a feeling I'd drop 5-7 strokes at least. Intellectually the swing's principles make absolute sense to me compared with the tenets of conventional instruction. Maybe when the weather gets better, I will make another run at it.

I'd rather not reply with this person's name on the internet because he's a good guy, that really tried hard to help me, even threw in some freebies. Note I was not critical of his efforts, maybe it's something I'm not picking up.  I think you as a teaching professional can understand that.

Originally Posted by iacas

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jspin

Yeah, same here. I gave it a fair shot, took lessons from an SnT instructor and played that way for a few months. Hit terrific irons compared to conventional swing but never got to a point where I could trust the driver or fairway woods. Kept hitting the top of the ball. Instructor and I kept working at it but eventually went back to the conventional method as playing with 2 techniques on the course never realy worked out. Also, started feeling a twinge and slight pain in my front knee using the technique that went away when I abandoned the method.

And the name of your "SnT instructor" is what? I ask because I know them and they're good, and I doubt they'd have you topping the ball with your driver and fairway woods.

• Administrator

Originally Posted by Jspin

Hi Erik, don't get irate with me, not bashing S&T; just sharing my experience and hoping for help.

Nobody's irate. I asked you who you worked with, because in my experience there are a fair number of people who claim to know the pattern but who don't, and since I know virtually all of them I can say fairly confidently that they'd not have you topping your fairway woods and driver.

And no, I absolutely do not agree. If you want to PM me privately with his name, that's one thing, but to not share his name at all is exactly the kind of thing that lets lousy instruction continue.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4876 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!