IGNORED

Hybrid Recommendations?

Note: This thread is 4890 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Nike SUMO Hybrid. These things are MONEY!

Whats in my  Stratus Stand Bag
Driver:  Burner 2.0 9.5°

3 Wood:  R11 15.5°

3 Hybrid:  Burner 2.021°

Irons: taylormade.gif R7 4-PW,AW 
Wedge:  xFT 56° and RAC 60° 

Putter: taylormade.gif Ghost Spider 34"
Ball: srixon.gif Q-Star bridgestone.gif e6/B330-RX

I was kidding of course. I agree, 99% of advice on these online forums is "Buy what I got" :)

Or in the case of a few of the posts here-"buy what I settled on after trying, comparing, and playing various hybrids."

I have a nickent and a callaway FT hybrid in my bag, however I am looking at trying to pick up the Diable Edge Tour Hybrids. Tried them out a few weeks ago and they feel really nice, and I believe they fit all the criteria you listed. So when they are in my bag, I will re-post just to fit in I suppose.

|Callaway I-MIX FT-9  - Driver | Callaway Diablo Octane - 3 Wood | Callaway Diablo Edge Tour [3H & 4H] - Hybrids | Callaway X-forged 2009 - Irons | Callaway JAWS [52, 56, 60] - Wedges | SC Studio Style Newport 2 / Laguna 1.5 / Kombi-S - Putter |

Or in the case of a few of the posts here-"buy what I settled on after trying, comparing, and playing various hybrids."

Has nothing to do with anything. Why the hell would you assume some other guy likes what you like?

Has nothing to do with anything. Why the hell would you assume some other guy likes what you like?

The OP was asking for peoples opinion...so what difference does it make if people post "See my signature" or post some other information addressing the OP. If anything I would say that threads like these are redundant, and provide no value what so ever. Has nothing to do with what people reply with as long as they are addressing the OP's question.

|Callaway I-MIX FT-9  - Driver | Callaway Diablo Octane - 3 Wood | Callaway Diablo Edge Tour [3H & 4H] - Hybrids | Callaway X-forged 2009 - Irons | Callaway JAWS [52, 56, 60] - Wedges | SC Studio Style Newport 2 / Laguna 1.5 / Kombi-S - Putter |

His question. I'd be even more skeptical of someone who didn't recommend what's in their sig-don't play it if it doesn't work. And the OP set out a few criteria, which some of us have tried to address in our answers.

Lighten up fellas. I was just funnin ya. Truth is, most all of us recommend what we buy/play. It is logical as we have asked ourselves the same questions the OP ask now. We decided on what we thought was best and bought it. I was just pointing out agreement with an earlier comment that most folks recommend what is in their bag. That is not to say that they didn't give lots of thought to what they put in the bag. But it is true that just because we like, or hit a club well, the OP may very well not. Too many variables to the equation. Something we all should be in agreement on there.

-Dan

The OP was asking for peoples opinion...so what difference does it make if people post "See my signature" or post some other information addressing the OP. If anything I would say that threads like these are redundant, and provide no value what so ever. Has nothing to do with what people reply with as long as they are addressing the OP's question.

By looking at your signature, it is clear you need a Callaway FT hybrid;) |Callaway I-MIX FT-9 / Diablo Octane Tour - Driver | Callaway FT - 3 Wood | Nickent - 21* - Hybrid | Callaway X-forged 2009 - Irons | Callaway JAWS [52, 56, 60] - Wedges | SC Studio Style Newport 2 / Laguna 1.5 / Kombi-S - Putter | See my sig if you don't agree:D All BS aside, they are about a hundred bucks on Callaway Preowned. Got my dad one the other day for Xmas. "Like new" is brand new. -Dan

By looking at your signature, it is clear you need a Callaway FT hybrid;)

I have one already...LOL...I am actually looking at picking up a couple of the recent Adams Pro Black or the Diable Edge Tour. There's something about the FT that I just can't get my head around. I think it's the way the face sits on the ground, just looks a little strange to me.

I have one already...LOL...I am actually looking at picking up a couple of the recent Adams Pro Black or the Diable Edge Tour. There's something about the FT that I just can't get my head around. I think it's the way the face sits on the ground, just looks a little strange to me.

Hate the FT hybrids. Feels like junk compared to the other hybrids. No offense to people gaming it.

« Keith »

None taken Nancy

Did you play the FT clubs on a golf course or hit them at a golf shop?

Wondering what you didn't like about them. To me they are incredibly easy to hit, high and long, almost every single time.

-Dan

None taken Nancy

Have hit multiple shots with it on the course and hit some at the range as well. A friend has it in his bag but he usually goes for his 5 wood over the hybrid most of the time.

First of all I can barely hit them and when I do hit it solid, the club head feels dead. I've tried all sorts of Callaway woods like the FT Tour driver, FT hybrid, Diablo Edge Tour driver, FT-iQ driver, and so on but their woods do not feel good to me. FT-iZ was the only exception, that thing felt very good when I tried it out at the range. I find Taylormades to be dumb easy to hit and its the reason why I recommend them to all my friends who are starting out. They love how "hot" the faces feel on good contact. Another hybrid that I find real easy to hit is Titleist 909H which to me is easier to hit than the 585H. I've tried the Adams Idea Pro, Idea Pro Gold, Idea Black, Idea Black Super, A7, and out of those the best was the Adams Idea Pro and Idea Pro Gold coming fairly close. Not a fan of the Idea Black series at all. Lastly, I demo'ed a Nike VR hybrid at a course while I was still in search of a hybrid and without any practice with it, I hit that thing really well. I mostly attribute it to the club having the Aldila VooDoo stock shaft that the 909H also has.

« Keith »

• 2 weeks later...

New here guys and its my first post. I have tried many hybrids and have found Nickent 3DX DC to be the best for me. Decent stock V2 shaft with good mid ball flight. They can be found very cheap.

I'll buck the trend. Don't buy what I play. The TM raylor. I can't get past the V bottom. It just messes with my mental imiage of the club hitting the ground at impact. That and it has a longer shaft then most hybrids making it hard for me to control. I want to swing it like a wood and not an iron. Hybrids are supposed to be easy to hit and for me the raylor is not that club. It does work well from the rough however. B-) I have been dedicated to it and keep practicing with it...but I fear it is about to be replaced.

When a company makes a club in the USA I will proudly display their brand here. All of mine were made in china by somebody making $2 a day. Shame on you Mr club manufacture.

Note: This thread is 4890 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!