IGNORED

Sexy Wedge

Kenny D
Note: This thread is 4871 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

LOL, gotcha! No, the pic, and all of the Ortiz/Pelz wedges, use an "S" after the loft number. "S" for standard bounce, and an "L" for low bounce. So the pic I used shows "56-S", which for that wedge is 14° bounce. A low bounce sand wedge would be marked "56-L", which would have a bounce of 10°.

Here's a better pic. I just grabbed the first decent one I found earlier.

Just hit a 60* Bridgestone WC wedge at local shop and personally wasn't a fan of the feel.  The salesman said it had 12 degrees of bounce, which it certainly felt like, and was way to much.  The salesman also said the bounce sole had a new "variable bounce technology" which I still don't fully understand.  I think my next wedge purchase will possibly be Vokes... I like the feel and that flatter grind on the sole plus the ability for more suitable loft/bounce combiations.  Why do they have to be so damned expensive. Maybe someone knows more about "variable bounce technology", seemed way too gimmicky?

callaway.gif   FT-i driver,  FT 4-wood,  X Utility Prototype 18* hybrid-iron / Big Bertha Diablo 3 & 4  hybrids

Tour Preferred CB 5-PW irons

callaway.gif   X-Forged 52*, X-Forged 56*/58*, X-Forged 64*  wedges  

Daddy Long Legs (38'') putter

:nike:RZN Platinum ball

I would not evaluate a wedge on an indoor hitting range. With that said, I am not a fan of 12 deg bounce on a lob wedge. I just bought three Miura wedges and the 60 deg was 7*. I tend to favor lower bounce wedges in general based on where I play. But especially on the lob wedge I like less bounce.

-Dan

Originally Posted by Kenny D

Just saw this wedge at Golfsmith.com... Looks sick and the price is pretty crazy. I'm looking to replace some wedges this month (xmas gift to myself...) I love my nike wedges but I'm considering either some BVs or staying with Nike.. Anyone use Bridgestone wedges i know WC design has a good rep but just want get some input. These wedges look sick as hell though no doubt!

I bought one. Head only. And just put in a Rifle Spinner. It's one sick club now!

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

Originally Posted by Kenny D

Just hit a 60* Bridgestone WC wedge at local shop and personally wasn't a fan of the feel.  The salesman said it had 12 degrees of bounce, which it certainly felt like, and was way to much.  The salesman also said the bounce sole had a new "variable bounce technology" which I still don't fully understand.  I think my next wedge purchase will possibly be Vokes... I like the feel and that flatter grind on the sole plus the ability for more suitable loft/bounce combiations.  Why do they have to be so damned expensive. Maybe someone knows more about "variable bounce technology", seemed way too gimmicky?

if you type in "bridgestone golf" in google, their WEBSITE comes up

it explains what variable boune technology is...personally i think it's a neat idea and from reviews i have read really works

Originally Posted by Danattherock

I would not evaluate a wedge on an indoor hitting range. With that said, I am not a fan of 12 deg bounce on a lob wedge. I just bought three Miura wedges and the 60 deg was 7*. I tend to favor lower bounce wedges in general based on where I play. But especially on the lob wedge I like less bounce.

-Dan

even for a guy that likes a lot of bounce on his wedges, 12 (actually it is 11.5 not 12 ;) )is a lot for a LW, BUT w the VBT i think it would work on this wedge

I havent actually heard anything bad from guys who have tried these wedges on the course

I just about bought 2 of them on the bay, before i got ordered my Scratch wedges....but the Scratch's were a few bux cheaper

"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

Note: This thread is 4871 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!