IGNORED

Wedges

Note: This thread is 4871 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Absolutely WU. You can grab an X-Forged from Golfsmith for less than $65 with tax delivered that is amazing. Awesome club.

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeLowry5 View Post

Ive been playing golf for 6 years and am actually in the process of trying to go proffesional.

For your own sake, don't say things like this.  You will only get beat up in here or any other forum.

Lol, i was thinking the exact same thing. I use the Mizuno R Series, but I was with my buddy a couple weeks ago and he got the Callaway JAWS series. I have to say I was quite impressed with the look, feel, and performance of them. Might find a set in my bag in the near future, especially for $70 a wedge.

Titleist 913 D3
Taylormade RBZ 3 Wood

Taylormade RBZ 3 Hybrid

Taylormade RBZ 4 Hybrid

MIzuno MP52 5-PW

MIzuno 52* MP-T10 Wedge

Mizuno 56* R Series Wedge

Mizuno 60* R Series Wedge
Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 Notchback

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeLowry5 View Post

Ive been playing golf for 6 years and am actually in the process of trying to go proffesional.

For your own sake, don't say things like this.  You will only get beat up in here or any other forum.

Yeah I mean...6 years and you're only a 5 hcp...you're not going pro...sorry.

Most kids you see at Q School are scratch golfers by the time they hit puberty.

Waiting out the 2 feet of snow that just dropped on the course....

Originally Posted by CassinoNorth

Dude, im only 18 years old. If i bust my ass over the next couple of years why couldnt i make it? all id have to do is qualify and im on tour, or even nationwide. Id be 20 years old, which a lot of people dont even get on tour till theyre 22 or 23. I forget what pro golfer it was, he's well known, but he didnt even make varsity on his high school golf team. I wonder how many people told him he couldnt make it and now hes on tour. I seen guys practicing at a driving range right by oakmont ( i live 5 mins away from oakmont country club) that were trying to qualify for the nationwide event by pittsburgh, and a couple of the guys didnt seem that amazing, idk why people think its so hard to go proffesional at sports, i think people are just too lazy to put in the hard hours of practice and/or have been told they can never make it so they just automatically think they cant. People arent born with amazing golf skills, you get it by working hard. And i dont care what "most kids" are doing or anything, im focused on my own game and my own life, and when people say things like what you said, it just motivates me more. So thank you. And people always want to bash people with dreams because they themselves couldnt do it, or didnt have the balls to try.

Anyways, i got a pair of cg15's, i got a 56 and a 60. The grooves are incredible on them, if you even slide your hand down it you can feel the grip. Great clubs. Its kind of irrelevant now though rating them because you cant buy them anymore. But i really love them. The spin you get with them is almost too much.

Originally Posted by gatoralley01

Dude, im only 18 years old. If i bust my ass over the next couple of years why couldnt i make it? all id have to do is qualify and im on tour, or even nationwide. Id be 20 years old, which a lot of people dont even get on tour till theyre 22 or 23. I forget what pro golfer it was, he's well known, but he didnt even make varsity on his high school golf team. I wonder how many people told him he couldnt make it and now hes on tour. I seen guys practicing at a driving range right by oakmont ( i live 5 mins away from oakmont country club) that were trying to qualify for the nationwide event by pittsburgh, and a couple of the guys didnt seem that amazing, idk why people think its so hard to go proffesional at sports, i think people are just too lazy to put in the hard hours of practice and/or have been told they can never make it so they just automatically think they cant. People arent born with amazing golf skills, you get it by working hard. And i dont care what "most kids" are doing or anything, im focused on my own game and my own life, and when people say things like what you said, it just motivates me more. So thank you. And people always want to bash people with dreams because they themselves couldnt do it, or didnt have the balls to try.

Anyways, i got a pair of cg15's, i got a 56 and a 60. The grooves are incredible on them, if you even slide your hand down it you can feel the grip. Great clubs. Its kind of irrelevant now though rating them because you cant buy them anymore. But i really love them. The spin you get with them is almost too much.

Best of luck to you, but just realize you're going to need a lot thicker skin than what you have now.

Focus on the 50 meter target before you try to hit the 300.

TaylorMade Micro-Lite bag || TaylorMade Tour Burner 08 10.5* || TaylorMade Burner Hybrid 17* || TaylorMade Burner Rescue 19* || Adams IDEA a7 5-PW || Adams Idea Pro Gold 50*, 55*, 60* || Nike Unitized Tiempo || Titleist NXT-Tour

Originally Posted by gatoralley01

Quote:

Originally Posted by CassinoNorth

LOL.

"all I have to do is qualify and I'm on tour"

No big deal....all you have to do is drop about 8 strokes off your game and play basically perfect golf for 6 straight days on a course you've never seen before. See ya on tour man.

Waiting out the 2 feet of snow that just dropped on the course....

I changed from Vokeys to Nike VR's a couple of months ago, I find them a great wedge and versatile for how I play, i use a 52 and a 56.

Although I do find the VR's tend to chafe the ball alot.

The schoolteacher was taking her first golfing lesson. "Is the word spelt p-u-t or p-u-t-t?" she asked the instructor. "P-u-t-t is correct," he replied. "Put means to place a thing where you want it. Putt means merely a vain attempt to do the same thing."

Every time I go to the golf shop I look at the Nike clubs. Good looking clubs and almost did buy a wedge the last time I was there. Just for some reason won't pull the trigger on any Nike stuff.

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

You can do anything you set your mind to. Contrary to popular belief, not all touring pros were child prodigy's. Work hard and even if you don't make it on tour, you will be an accomplished golfer and that is obviously your goal. Go for it man and have fun.

Dude, im only 18 years old. If i bust my ass over the next couple of years why couldnt i make it?

Note: This thread is 4871 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!