IGNORED

Free Taylormade Burner 2.0 6 iron

Note: This thread is 4785 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniBlueDragon View Post

"The Promotion is open only to residents of the 50 United States of America" - The same bullshit US-only competition as usual.

I'm not jealous in the slightest... Honest...

Too bad.  Unfortunately, it's legally tricky to do give-aways if there's a random component due to gambling laws, so I wouldn't hold hard feelings against TaylorMade.

By the way, the rules specify the criteria that you need to qualify (in addition to being among the first N-thousand to apply):

http://www.taylormadegolf.com/burner/rules.aspx

Quote:
— Entrants with 5-20 handicaps
— Entrants who make more than 3 golf purchases a year
— Entrants who currently play TaylorMade, Callaway, Cobra, Cleveland, Titleist, Ping, Adams, Mizuno, or Nike irons
— Entrants who have owned their current irons more than 6 months and less than 5 years
— Entrants who play two or more times per month
— Entrants who "definitely" or "maybe" plan on purchasing irons in the next 12 months

I won't advocate lying, because that would be fraudulent, but if you're on the fence about whether might buy irons this year, you might consider saying "maybe."

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

Nah I have no hard feeling on TM; I just get annoyed when I see something that excites me and then find out that it's only open to US residents. I'm a second-class European you see...

heh

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

Originally Posted by ajschn06

Your going to take a club out of your bag so that you can keep a club just for hitting off rocks? or do you not have a full bag? or do you plan on carrying 15 clubs?  Just curious....

On these courses my golfing buddies and allow a 15th club for rocky lies. I've seen some sparks fly on bad driving days.

ahh, I have a set already

too bad its not open to Canada though

I could use an extra one  for gardening, lol

taylormade.gif - Taylor Made R11 Driver, 9*
taylormade.gif - Burner 2.0" 4-AW Steel
vokey.gif - Vokey 56*, 60*, 64*
odyssey.gif - Odyssey ProType PT 82

titleist.gif - Pro-V1  taylormade.gif - TMX Stand Bag

Originally Posted by xxsoultonesxx

On these courses my golfing buddies and allow a 15th club for rocky lies. I've seen some sparks fly on bad driving days.

What the heck kind of courses are you playing in Pierce County?!  I used to live in the Tacoma area... it's not exactly mountain/desert golf.

In the Bag: TaylorMade R11 TP - TaylorMade R7 TP TS - Cleveland Halo - TM TP 2009 3-PW - Vokey SM 52 - Vokey SM 60 - Rife Barbados CS - ProV1x 

On the Computer:  Analyzr Pro 

I just entered. I didn't lie on my application.

question...I looked around the official rules but couldn't find anything about this. If you don't find out if you have won for 2 months....can you enter again for next months (april) giveaway?

golf is a lot like life. the more you enjoy it, the better off you are. a3_biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by delav

What the heck kind of courses are you playing in Pierce County?!  I used to live in the Tacoma area... it's not exactly mountain/desert golf.

Lipoma Firs in Puyallup is the rocky one.

Had an overall shitty day at work and came home to find one at my door.  So it put me in a good mood.  I was debating if I want to buy these irons and switch out for my R9s currently.  Next day off Ill be at the range with both 6 irons and trying them out.  If all works out well, Ill be scouring ebay for a 5, 7, 8, 9, and a PW as well

taylormade.gifR11S 9* Driver Aldila RIP Phenom 60 R Flex

taylormade.gifRBZ 3W 15* Matrix Ozik XCon-5 R Flex
taylormade.gif'11 Rescue Hybrids 3 (18*), 4 (21*) Aldila RIP 65 HB R Flex
taylormade.gifR11 5-PW KBS Steel R Flex | taylormade.gifTP XFT 52* 56* 60* KBS Steel

cameron.gif California Coronado 35" | ogio.gif Grom Black Plaid Bag |  Penta TP

Anyone get a notification if they won one? Todd I'd be interested to see if you got any notification online that you were getting one mailed. I'd love to get one, but I know my luck...:/

Originally Posted by DannyB215

Anyone get a notification if they won one? Todd I'd be interested to see if you got any notification online that you were getting one mailed. I'd love to get one, but I know my luck...:/

A lot of people said they got a conformation email if they won and even if they didnt win.  I was unaware at first that you had to reapply each month if you didnt win. When I found that out I re-entered less then a week ago and it was here yesterday.  I went and checked my email but didnt receive any kind of conformation email about winning or not winning.  Also people said in their winning email it said the club would ship in two weeks.  So Im kinda surprised to see one at my door less then a week after re-entering.

taylormade.gifR11S 9* Driver Aldila RIP Phenom 60 R Flex

taylormade.gifRBZ 3W 15* Matrix Ozik XCon-5 R Flex
taylormade.gif'11 Rescue Hybrids 3 (18*), 4 (21*) Aldila RIP 65 HB R Flex
taylormade.gifR11 5-PW KBS Steel R Flex | taylormade.gifTP XFT 52* 56* 60* KBS Steel

cameron.gif California Coronado 35" | ogio.gif Grom Black Plaid Bag |  Penta TP

Our work head office is in the US. I wonder if I'd get away with using that as my address...? ;)

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

Mine showed up today. And I did get a confirmation e-mail. I'm looking forward to trying this thing out. Not sure if they will bump out my J36's but it should be a fun experiment. Having an extra iron isn't a bad thing either. How about some pics...

EDIT: First Impressions... Stock stiff shaft reminds me of Callaways Uniflex shafts that they use in the X series, definitely nowhere near as stiff as the PX 6.0's I'm currently using. Also, the grip has a very mild ridge along the bottom, which feels great and seems to help with a consistent grip. More offset than I'm used to, but it doesn't scare me off (I'm still trying to figure out which equipment is truly the best fit for me). I also like the look of the two-tone clubface.

Burner 2.0

Burner 2.0 head

I used a little used email address for this promotion that I haven't touched much for the past yr.  I signed up for this about a week ago and since I've noticed several spam emails. I can't say for sure if it's from this but I wanted to put that out there.

I seem to remember signing up for this promotion probably over a year ago, i never got a free 6 iron but taylormade did email me a coupon code for a $10 credit for anything from their website, which i never actually used, i think its on my old hotmail account which i cant even get into anymore because i think someone hacked into my account.   Still at least i got something, though buying directly at retail cost from taylormade unless i bought balls or tees would cost much more than $10 more than say golfgalaxy or dickssporting goods or anywhere on ebay.

Driver-Taylormade Burner Ti 420 cc 10.5 deg reg flex
3 wood-orlimar rcx 14 deg
Hybrids-warrior golf 20 deg, 23 deg and 26 deg
6-pw-AFFINITY / ORLIMAR HT2 irons steel shafts, reg flex, 56 deg tour series wedge
Putter-Rife 2 Bar Hybrid Mallet...

I went ahead and registered again, maybe ill get one this time.  If not, didnt take long and nothing to lose, i would really like to see how i could hit those burner irons, was actually considering purchasing them.  You can hit demo irons in a golf store off a mat but its just not the same as actually going out and hitting them on the course on real grass, outside, and to a real green to see how they feel coming out of the rough and what kind of trajectory you get with your shots.   Many have commented on how strong the lofts are, id like to have a little stronger loft on my 6 iron as it would be a club i would probably use more often if it had a stronger loft and i could hit it farther,  I use my 5 hybrid in many cases where a 6 iron might be a better choice if i could hit it farther.   id probably go ahead and leave my other six iron in the bag as well, as i use it to for a lot of crazy punch shots where i have to keep the ball low and run it up onto the green because i cant take a full swing or have to hit under a tree branch or something like that.  Had one of those shots yesterday on a short, drivable par 4.   I was about pin high off the tee but to the right of the green.  Had to try to hit a low shot under a tree branch but get it over the bunker that guards the green.  I almost pulled it off, actually tried to bounce the ball through the bunker but the sand wasnt as firm as i thought it would be so it didnt quite make it and got stuck in the bunker and ended up making bogey.

Driver-Taylormade Burner Ti 420 cc 10.5 deg reg flex
3 wood-orlimar rcx 14 deg
Hybrids-warrior golf 20 deg, 23 deg and 26 deg
6-pw-AFFINITY / ORLIMAR HT2 irons steel shafts, reg flex, 56 deg tour series wedge
Putter-Rife 2 Bar Hybrid Mallet...

27* head on the Burner 2.0 vs. 31* on my Bridgestones 6-iron. And with a noticeably softer "stiff" shaft. I'm definitely going to see distance gains.

Note: This thread is 4785 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!