IGNORED

Simple Shaft Stiffness Question

Note: This thread is 4810 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello Guys,

I am not as big of an equipment junkie as most of you so I am sure this is a simple question.

Currently I have stiff shafts on my clubs.

My shot alternates between a draw and a fade (with the occasional case of yips and pull hooks )

I hit a 5-iron 190-200

I hit an 8 or 9 from the 150 yard marker.

I drive 270-300 to the left or right of the fairway

I guess I have a more powerful shot than the average guy at the range, but I notice that my shot is really really high compared to others, but it has been several years since I have played with scratch golfers that hit the ball long and straight everytime.

I guess my question is. How does a stiff shaft change ball flight. I know there are other factors such as kickpoint also.

I currenlty have stock shafts. I forget the name but they are pretty common Dynamic Gold S-300 I think.

On windy days my ball justs hangs in the air forever.

Thanks!

Tools of the Trade
Burner Driver. 9.5 Loft. Stiff Shaft

Pro CB Irons, 3-PW, Stiff Shaft
SV Tour Wedges: 52,56,60

You really need to look at the nunchuk shaft or project x 6.0 or the ozik matrix code 8 any of these shafts will fix all those stray shots.I prefer the nunchuk but thats just what im playing and  it gives a real tight dispersion pattern unless I come over on it.

Adams 9065LD 8.5* with a Nunchuk shaft
Adams CB1 gw-4i with Project X 6.0 shafts , Mizuno MT-11 58* wedge
Callaway Steelhead 3
Tour Exotics Hybrid 16* and 18*
Ping long putter

Sorry I see that I kind of miss spoke, I tend to hit a draw or a slight push fade on a given day. it doenst alternate from shot to shot. I was just wondering how a stiff shaft lowers ball flight without changing distance travelled I guess

Tools of the Trade
Burner Driver. 9.5 Loft. Stiff Shaft

Pro CB Irons, 3-PW, Stiff Shaft
SV Tour Wedges: 52,56,60

There is nothing wrong with your shafts.  The S300 is a great shaft and has been an industry staple for years.  It is a lower launching shaft made for better players.  What that means is that the kick-point is higher than on a regular shaft therefore lowering the trajectory.  Before you start shaft shopping, you need to get your handicap down to a single digit and have a pro take a look at your swing.  You have the tools to become a player, you just have to put it all together.  The ball flight you describe, draw or push fade, suggest to me that you have the fundamentals but you may have some slight timing issues to address (hard to say without actually seeing it).   Good luck and keep us posted.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Note: This thread is 4810 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!