IGNORED

Callaway FT IQ

Note: This thread is 4720 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello to All, I'm in the market for a Driver with a lot of forgiveness. I've read and heard so many good things about the FT IQ. Is this driver passed it's time or still a good buy? Let me know. Thanks

Driver:nike.gifStr8 Dymo2 10.5 Proforce AXIV Core
3 -5 Wood:callaway.gifDIABLO EDGE
Hybrids:cobra.gifBaffler 3/R 20*-5/R 26*(DWS)- 4/R(TWS)23*ALDILA vs Proto-HL
4-PW:callaway.gifDIABLO EDGE
Wedges cleveland.gif56*CG1460*CG12Putter:odyssey.gifWhite Ice 34*GRange Finder Tour v2Ball:Gamer V2

I think it's a great driver!  It being "past its prime" I suppose is subjective to opinions on technology. The club is only a few years old, so personally I don't think it is "too old."

I hit the FTIQ Tour for one summer.  I found it to be the most forgiving driver I have hit.  And the straightest.

I didn't find the distance all that great, though.

What I liked most about the club was the stock Fubuki shaft.  I loved the trajectory I got with that shaft!

I had a stiff flex shaft in the one I had, and I don't have the swing speed to get it to unload properly.  So perhaps that was the issue I had with it in lacking some distance.

If you can deal with the square head apperance at address (it took me one range session and i was used to it), I think it is a great driver. Very forgiving and very straight!

• Upvote 1

What I Play:

Driver: R9 460
4 Wood: G15

Hy: Callaway FT 3Hy

Irons: AP1 4-PW

Wedges: Vokey 52* & 60*, Mizuno MP-T 10 58*

Putter: Newport Studio Select 2.7

Ball: Nike One Vapor

I've got one and I'm happy with it. The square head took some getting used to, but I hit it pretty well. Once I got past the squareness I've decided I like the visual appearance. By the way, don't buy into the marketing hype. While technology does improve, I don't think there's any driver made in the last few years that is "past its time." If it worked last year, it works this year. Prices on the iQs are getting reasonable now, so I'd say go for it.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

Thank You for the Advice.

Driver:nike.gifStr8 Dymo2 10.5 Proforce AXIV Core
3 -5 Wood:callaway.gifDIABLO EDGE
Hybrids:cobra.gifBaffler 3/R 20*-5/R 26*(DWS)- 4/R(TWS)23*ALDILA vs Proto-HL
4-PW:callaway.gifDIABLO EDGE
Wedges cleveland.gif56*CG1460*CG12Putter:odyssey.gifWhite Ice 34*GRange Finder Tour v2Ball:Gamer V2

• 1 month later...

Just picked one up for 90 bucks, thats 410 under when it first released, and let me tell you, it hit longer and much straighter than any of the drivers in Golfsmith, better than the Nike Dymo2 which is the club that was made to compete with the FT iQ in 2009, this club is amazing!

Note: This thread is 4720 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!