IGNORED

Precept versus Pinnacle Brand Golf ball (100 mix bucket)

Note: This thread is 4947 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am a beginner though I have been playing for about 8 months.  I am revamping my swing and starting all over again after I have gotten progressively worse.  Due to my grip I had very bad fundamentals.

I am going to buy a 100 mix bucket from a used golf ball warehouse.  Which company balls do you prefer Precept or Pinnacle.  Thanks to all who post.

I've never played Precepts so I can't compare the two.  Out of the many 2 piece balls out there I've tried, I found the Pinnacles to feel best off the club face.  Of the Pinnacle line,  the Soft FX, now called "Precision" was the best followed by the Gold Longs.  Great balls that hold up well and feel pretty good on the putter too.

I am currently trying some Precept Laddies and like them ok so far. I have only played about 1 round with them.  I was previously using Noodles, and I can't say they are better or worse. FWIW, I like the Noodle Practice pretty well for casual play, and they are 2 dozen for 14.86 at Wallyworld.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

If you ever have 20 bucks to burn, go to a Golf Galaxy (or similar) and have a ball fitting down.  Based on what your swing does to the ball (ball speed, launch angle, spin rate, carry distance, etc.) they'll give you a printout showing which balls for your swing will maximize distance, less side spin, etc.

What's in the Bag:
Driver: Taylormade SLDR 12*
3-wood: Taylormade Burner 15*
Hybrid: Taylormade Burner 19*
Irons: Callaway XR

Wedges: Vokey 50*, 54*, 58*
Putter: Scotty Newport Studio

Depends on what you like.  Between the two, and depending on the mix, I prefer Precept (Laddie is a decent ball in that category).

Both are quality companies.  Pinnacles are made by Titleist and Precepts are made by Bridgestone.  IMO, you cant go wrong either way.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Balls should be matched to your swing speed. The right ball for you gives more spin, distance and accuracy.

I have a slow swing speed and use Lady Precepts.

Note: This thread is 4947 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!