IGNORED

Workout to inprove my game..any Suggestion?

bwklinks
Note: This thread is 4779 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have got back into the gym as of late after having two years off of high school sport, I have tried to find some workouts that are for a golf and have not had much luck.. just looking for some help in finding a workout routine.

There is no specific work out program for golf.  Only a general work out program depending on what you want to achieve.  For example, if you want to improve distance, there are TWO main work outs: (1) flexibility (e.g., yoga--it is a lot harder work out than you think) and (2) strength training (e.g., lifting weights to increase your upper body strength).  You can also add cardio work out to increase your stamina and not get tired towards the end of your round.

Just my 2 cents.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

There are a number of resources from fitness professionals suggesting workout routines emphasizing golf fitness.  Cindy Reid, Titlest Performance Institute, even golf channel home page has a library of articles for golf related fitness. Most draw from multiple areas such as pilates, yoga, traditional strength training etc.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

Yoga has been a huge help to my game, in both flexibility and strength.  By adding a little weight training and walking 3-4 miles a few days a week has resulted in 25 less lbs for me over the last 2 years.  I also like the rubber exercise balls.

In my Bagboy cart bag:
Driver: TM R11s 10.5 R-flex 3W: TM 09 Burner 3H: TM 09 Burner Irons: TM Tour Burner 4-PW r-flex
Wedges: Wilson TW9 GW, Ping Eye 2+ SW, Vokey SM 58.08      Putter:TM Rossa Spider Ball: TM TP/Red LDP, TF Gamer v2   Range Finder: GX-I

Note: This thread is 4779 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!