IGNORED

What a shot!

Ben
Note: This thread is 6939 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Yesterday from 70 yards out on the par 5 7th I took out my lob wedge and knocked the ball straight into the hole! No bounce, no marks on the edge of the cup, just straight up and straight down in for eagle. Yippee!

Report your great shots as they happen.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Wow. You da man. Why mess with bounce and roll when you can just flat out knock it in!

Jeff

10.5° Callaway FT-iZ Tour

18°, 20°, 23° Adams Idea Pro Prototype Hybrid

4-9 Titleist 690.CB
48° Titleist Vokey Tour Nickel
54°, 58° Titleist Vokey Tour Oil Can

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Great shot man! That is definitely something to be happy about. That always keeps ya coming back for more.

I was playing a par 4 at a course in Chickasha, OK about 4 years back. I hit my tee shot so far right it was in the other hole's fairway. I just took a 3 iron and hit it under some trees back onto my fairway about 60 or 70 yards from the hole. I then proceeded to hit a wedge from there and it went in. It did land before the hole and roll in, but I'll take it any way I can get it. That round was one of my two 79's I have shot in my career.

I also hit a tee shot onto a par 4 green agout 2 foot from the pin and eagled that hole. That was on the same course, but I was scrambling when I did this. My partners were in the fairway already, so I just bombed away. It was a great shot, but the pressure wasn't there like the other.

• Administrator
Yesterday from 70 yards out on the par 5 7th I took out my lob wedge and knocked the ball straight into the hole! No bounce, no marks on the edge of the cup, just straight up and straight down in for eagle. Yippee!

That's funny. I holed one from 70 yards today too. Mine made a horrid "clank" sound right as it went in the jar and there's a big yellow scuff right above "MAXFLI" on one side. Last hole - last shot - of the day.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Last Thursday, I hit a wedge from 40 yards, it took a little bounce and roll. Then dropped into the cup. I'll take those birdies any day!

But I paid for it last night. 90 yards out and one small over hanging limb. The ball landed 30 yards behind me, and behind a row of the only evergreen trees on the course. I ended up with a 9 on that par 5. Did I mention that I hate trees?

Note: This thread is 6939 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!