IGNORED

Looking for certain issue of GOLF/Golf Digest..need help

Maverick
Note: This thread is 6363 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I thought I had saved it but think the wifey threw it out with the old nespaper..anyway..there was a good article either in Golf Digest or GOLF that broke it down as far as how many GIR's and putts per round a golfer needs to break 90 and 80, etc.

They had like a table with GIR's equating this score and putt per round equating this score. I REALLY liked it but now can't find it.

Does anybody remember this..and if so..do you still have your copy or maybe you can send me a copy..?

This issue probably came out about 3..4..months ago..

okay..I found it online..BUT it is just a smaller version..anyway it is the:

Golf Digest, May 2006 issue

this is the article (but not the complete story)

--

Anyway..if any of you guys have this issue I'd be grateful if you could burn me off the entire article..or if you don't want it I'll buy it from you.

ok..nevermind..I found the COMPLETE article online (Golf Digest)..but if anyone is interested here it is:

"What it takes to break 80"

--

Also if you need to find some articles/stories from back issues (Golf Digest) (only the highlighted ones are available..c'mon silly..you need to subscribe for the whole enchilada)

Now thats a good read, I like those stats and charts.

Driver: King Cobra SS
Woods: Nicklaus 3, 5, 7
Irons: Nicklaus Iron Max
Wedges: Titleist Vokey 50*, 56*, 60*
Putter: Odyssey White HotBall: Titleist NXT Tour or GranZHome course: Dogwood Country Club

Thanks for sharing, that was a good read.

In the bag:
Driver: Taylor Made 10.5* R7 460
3 Wood: Taylor Made RD580
Hybrid: Taylor Made Dual Rescue 2
Irons: Cleveland VAS+ 4-PWWedges: Cleveland RT 588 56, 60 and 64 degree gunmetal finishPutter: Ping Doc 17Ball: Titleist NXT/NXT Tour

I belive the info there!!!!!! I average 12 GIR per round but am a weak putter and usually score around the 75 - 77 mark. But the days when the putter is hot its around par.

A couple of months ago I hit 15 GIR and shot 80. 38 putts will do that to you!!! I really walked away from that round thinking I had missed my chance at shooting in the 60's.

I'm loving this article.......... thanks
Driver - TaylorMade R9 460 10.5°
3 Wood - TaylotMade Burner Tour
3 & 4 Hybrids - Adams a7
Irons - R7 tp 5-PW
Wedges - Vokey SM Black Nickel - 52º - 56º - 60ºPutter - Scotty Cameron California - SonomaSkyCaddie - SG4Lowest Round - 68 - Par 72 /67.6/120Lowest Tournament Round - 69 -...

Wow, I kept stats this summer, my GIR is 3.35, my puts 33.12. This matches up to my handicap almost perfectly. Not sure what this tells me? I rarely hit par 4s in regulation. I am a really short hitter and am usually hitting 5 iron to 7wd into par 4s. I actually think I could still pick up a couple of shots in my short game easier than tee to green.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

Most of my shots are for the center of the green, I figure I can two putt most greens and never been in the 70's so many times as this year. Use to go for the pin all the time and ended up in some pretty ugly places around the green and could'nt get it up and down enough times to save par, only thing that was going up was my score.

R7 9.5 S Shaft
560 R7 quad R shaft
RAC LT irons
Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum

• 3 weeks later...
I took a 6 hour drive yesterday to play a course that wasnt frozen solid like they are around my home. I hit a few fairways and a few greens so no complaints after the conditions we've been playing in around here.

Today I compared my numbers with the GD article and it came out pretty close.

I shot 78 - hit 10 greens - had 30 putts

The info in the article says that at 10 GIR should shoot 75, and 30 putts should be 73. It also said that with 10 GIR's you need 34 putts for a 79 - dead on. So the info in the article is pretty close to being true.
Driver - TaylorMade R9 460 10.5°
3 Wood - TaylotMade Burner Tour
3 & 4 Hybrids - Adams a7
Irons - R7 tp 5-PW
Wedges - Vokey SM Black Nickel - 52º - 56º - 60ºPutter - Scotty Cameron California - SonomaSkyCaddie - SG4Lowest Round - 68 - Par 72 /67.6/120Lowest Tournament Round - 69 -...

Note: This thread is 6363 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!