IGNORED

e6 Bridgestone

Note: This thread is 4917 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just to share the experience with you (all).  I have been searching for a good mid range yellow ball as my eyesight isn't what it used to be and I don't want to pay $40-$50/dozen.  So I bought a dozen yellow Bridgestone e6 balls and played with them Monday.  Certainly they fulfill the first criteria of being able to see the for them entire flight.  They felt harder than I was used to with the NXT Tour but seem to perform well tee to green.  But they don't behave as well around the greens and I got more roll than I was used to as they are too hard to spin off the wedges,even the full wedges didn't stop as well as the NXT Tour.  Overall a good ball but I am still searching for a good mid range yellow ball because of the short game performance.

Butch

Last years srixon z tour yellow balls can be found on clearance for $24. Also this years srixon trispeed come in yellow for $29.99.

Driver: Ping G25

3w - Ping K15

3h - TEE Trilogy

4h - TEE Trilogy

5h - TEE Trilogy

Irons: Ping G25 6-LW

Putter: Odyssey White Ice D.A.R.T
Bag: Nike SQ Tour

Optics: Bushnell Tour V2 Slope

Shoes: True Linkswear

Originally Posted by ghalfaire

Just to share the experience with you (all).  I have been searching for a good mid range yellow ball as my eyesight isn't what it used to be and I don't want to pay $40-$50/dozen.  So I bought a dozen yellow Bridgestone e6 balls and played with them Monday.  Certainly they fulfill the first criteria of being able to see the for them entire flight.  They felt harder than I was used to with the NXT Tour but seem to perform well tee to green.  But they don't behave as well around the greens and I got more roll than I was used to as they are too hard to spin off the wedges,even the full wedges didn't stop as well as the NXT Tour.  Overall a good ball but I am still searching for a good mid range yellow ball because of the short game performance.

E6s are designed to reduce sidespin for straighter shots, so you can expect they would also have less backspin.  Dont expect to get a ton of spin off the wedges with these balls.

I used them last summer and had a similar experience: very straight shots but not much spin.

If you want spin, try the E5.  Not sure if the E5 is available in yellow yet though...

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

e6 doesn't spin as much as an e5, but I still back 'em up with a wedge.  Used a box of the orange ones late last year and spin/performance was better than I expected.

afaik, e5 is still only available in white

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

Originally Posted by ghalfaire

I believe I'll try the z tour balls next.  More money but I don't lose too many anymore, although there are some days.........

I don't consider myself good enough to warrant tour level balls but at the $24 ($3 more than the yellow e6's) clearance price its tough to beat last year's Srixon's.  Thinking about picking some up this weekend.  i know Golf Galaxy probably had over 50 boxes left last time in the store.  Dicks had some too.

Driver: Ping G25

3w - Ping K15

3h - TEE Trilogy

4h - TEE Trilogy

5h - TEE Trilogy

Irons: Ping G25 6-LW

Putter: Odyssey White Ice D.A.R.T
Bag: Nike SQ Tour

Optics: Bushnell Tour V2 Slope

Shoes: True Linkswear

Originally Posted by erock9174

I don't consider myself good enough to warrant tour level balls but at the $24 ($3 more than the yellow e6's) clearance price its tough to beat last year's Srixon's.  Thinking about picking some up this weekend.  i know Golf Galaxy probably had over 50 boxes left last time in the store.  Dicks had some too.

I agree my game isn't good enough either to justify $40/doz golf balls.  But I play Pro V1 when I find them and admit they are the best I've tried at doing everything well (not necessarily the best at anything).  But the hard balls are just too difficult to play with around the greens.  If they made them in yellow I would stick with the NXT Tour or even the NIKE PD soft.  But I am getting to where I just can't see them against a hazy sky all the way to the ground and it isn't because I'm that long.  But I've been looking around and there are some deals on premium balls that are available in yellow.  So I did purchase a dozen Srixon balls but have not received them yet.

Butch

Note: This thread is 4917 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!