IGNORED

My Swing (TourSpoon)

iacas
Note: This thread is 1097 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My cousin is a pro in New Jersey who teaches S&T; and he set me right about the wrist hinge and pointing to the sky during his visit last week. Although it is not there yet, there was so much improvement with the driver. When I did it correctly, it seemed like I gained 15 yards with some still in the tank. It has reduced the tendency to snap hook, so I will be working that little piece.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

• Administrator

Originally Posted by TourSpoon

My cousin is a pro in New Jersey who teaches S&T; and he set me right about the wrist hinge and pointing to the sky during his visit last week. Although it is not there yet, there was so much improvement with the driver. When I did it correctly, it seemed like I gained 15 yards with some still in the tank. It has reduced the tendency to snap hook, so I will be working that little piece.

Is your cousin Dave Quinn? It's not Steve, right?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It's Mike...I will pm you last name and club.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

• 1 year later...

Ok, It has been a while. I took this yesterday. All solid ball flight. I see improvement, but need to work on head staying centered, humping the giraffe, etc. It really comes down to basics and revolves around a centered turn. We have 5 iron and 3 wood off the deck. Improvement is slow, but keep in mind I am closer to 50 than I am to 40 and have been playing for a long time.

• 3 weeks later...
[IMG]http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/07/25/ryvaguse.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/07/25/udavurep.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/07/25/ybabagev.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/07/25/apygere8.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/07/25/2ytunepe.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/07/25/ysybejyz.jpg[/IMG]

Worked on my swing this week trying to improve on my angles, especially at the top and through impact. I posted some before and afters above. I still need to get rid of that breakdown after impact, but I see improvement here.

• Administrator

Square feet limit your ability to get forward properly and also help the right foot and knee to act the way they do on the downswing.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Thanks, I'll flare that right foot out more and do that toes up drill.

• 7 years later...

OK, reviving the thread here after a few years layoff. It is time to get busy. Here are a few things I am working on. 

Centered turn focusing on right hip turning back instead of sliding...

IMG_2118.thumb.jpeg.b4a8d3d24e52856e16014d4ea797add0.jpeg

Here is the hip forward drill aka humping the g. 

IMG_2098.thumb.jpeg.b4d2247836a1c9a4bc67b40248881b64.jpeg

Finally a couple of swings.

Making progress. Going to work on the centered turn today and working on the right elbow gap at the top. Thanks for visiting. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Just a little work today concentrating on the hips piece and firming up the left side. One of my short term goals is to get my swing speed back up and the only way I will be able to do that is using the ground more effectively. The down the line was the first ball with the 7 iron after the warm-up and then I filmed the face-on.  Getting off the hip slide train is paying off in more consistent ball striking and was the first priority. Next will be firming up the left wrist and extending more through impact. I am happy with the progress I am making and its one concept at a time. 

IMG_2177.thumb.jpg.954cb9798aa63377dd0481c805d2a8bb.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

• Administrator

Forward a bit more, softer left knee in transition and early downswing, then explosive from there. Yeah, I agree.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

More progress

IMG_2255.thumb.jpg.fe2befc7f363b1854f075b123bc3b6f1.jpg

Edited by TourSpoon
link
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 8/7/2020 at 9:10 PM, iacas said:

Forward a bit more, softer left knee in transition and early downswing, then explosive from there. Yeah, I agree.

Just saw this comment, softer left knee? I follow the rest. Thanks for the feeback.  

17 hours ago, TourSpoon said:

More progress

IMG_2255.thumb.jpg.fe2befc7f363b1854f075b123bc3b6f1.jpg

Remember to have the DTL view on your toe line. Just aim it down the alignment stick.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

Remember to have the DTL view on your toe line. Just aim it down the alignment stick.

Thanks for the tip! That way the view is always the same. 

• Administrator
7 hours ago, TourSpoon said:

Just saw this comment, softer left knee? I follow the rest. Thanks for the feeback.  

Don't extend the left knee so early.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Early morning range...goals today were to keep right hip from sliding right, shorten backswing, solid impact. I did a lot of drills today to get to here. 

Edited by TourSpoon
links

One more from yesterday, just one stock 8 iron swing at the end of the session without thinking drills or anything other than trying to stay more centered. 

Note: This thread is 1097 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!