IGNORED

Dunlop MAX golf set - scrap or good deal?

c51888
Note: This thread is 5261 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hallo everybody

I started to play golf in early September and played myself down to 45 by October with rented clubs when the season here in the Alps ended.
I just came across the following club set deal and would like to know if anybody could comment on that set of clubs as I cannot find any information on the Internet. Google is of no help and the Dunlop website is currently under reconstruction:
The Dunlop Company has been taken over by the British Sports World International and currently offers the following deals directly from the manufacturer:

http://www.sports-world.com/Category...pmentClubSets#

I'm a student and yet do not have the financial power to go for a set of Callaway, Taylor Made or other famous brands. But I'm quite aware as well that the cheaper sets you get on ebay are scrap across the board.

To me it doesn't sound too bad, after all it's made by Dunlop and the bag doesn't look bad to me either? The set is available with steel shafts as well.

Thank you and please don't flame me for asking such a question here.

Greetings from Tyrol,

Gert

If your just starting the game, then a set like that would be ideal to start with imo. You might even want to take a peek at some pawn shops or bargain finders for a decent second hand set thats been gently used.

Then if your still interested in playing golf after a couple of seasons, I would reccomend maybe working on putting together a set that will fit your needs as your game progresses.
In The Bag

Sumo 13* w/aldila NVS stiff
BB 2004 3wood
Boxer 3,4&5 Hybrids A3 6-Pw CG11 52* & 56* 2 Ball Srt 33"Ball Nxt Extreme

I think that the Dunlop set is good enough if you have just started to play
In My Bag:
Driver:
Nike SasQuatch 460 9.5 deg - Fujikura Prototype X
3 Wood:
Orlimar Trimetal Plus 14 deg - Fujikura Prototype XIrons: Titleist 735CM (3-PW) - TT DG 300SWedges: Titleist Vokey 50 & 54 & 60Putter: Scotty Cameron Laguna Oil Can - Custom Shop Restored to Pro...

• 2 years later...
Hello c51888,

This may be an old thread, but i have to reply.

I was in the UK 15 weeks ago and i bough the Dunlop MAX Golf set ( Steel Shafts ). The funny thing is i have a full set of Callaway Golf Clubs ( little over a year old ) which i use twice a week and have taken over seas. im a pretty good golfer and if you would like my opinion on the dunlop Max set here it is.

1. For price alone 10/10
2. Quality 8/10
3. Play ability 8/10 very very good clubs
4. Look's 8/10

Overall i would give the Dunlop MAX ( steel shaft ) club's 8/10

others may disagree but i have used this golf set ( the 1 in your picture link ) 9 times and i cant fault them. so if your on a budget and you would like a good set of clubs you can't go wrong. i payed a stupid amount of money for my Callaway Golf Clubs even though i love them i find myself using the dunlop set more and more.

stay tuned may be a full set of Callaway Golf Clubs for sale soon ..

j/k

i hope this helped.

The Max graphites for £129 should be OK. The original £399 means its a midpriced boxed set - not a super cheap.

The Max steels cost less, but most people get a boost from having graphite shafts on woods and hybrids. If you have a really high clubhead speed on your swing, the steels might be OK.

=====================

Either graphite or steel sets would give you 12 clubs. Any way you could test-hit them first - make sure they fit your body?

Also, if you become a dedicated golfer - twice a week - these clubs might tend to wear out. If you only play a couple of times a month, you should be OK.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 months later...
I bought a set of Dunlop Max Graphites at x-mas. Although I am a beginner, they have massively improved my game so far. The best club by far in the set is the hybrid wood. What a great club for getting out of sticky situations and attaining good loft and distance of the tee.

I give an 8/10 overall for the clubs. Even if you only use them for a year or two (as I intend to) they are still great value for money!

Note: This thread is 5261 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!