IGNORED

My Swing (keeps21)

keeps21

• Administrator
4 hours ago, keeps21 said:

Fixed the chicken wing.

That's not a full swing, though. I know you say later on that it is, but… it's not?

Stephen, I think you should find an instructor you trust and who can prioritize some things for you. I appreciate that you're saying "Key #1" and things like that, and working within that framework, but I think you're working too quickly and without being all that specific about things.

Unless you're talking about a static thing, things in the golf swing are generally not "fixed" anywhere near as quickly.

Progress comes in fits and starts. And in looking only face-on, you don't know what the changes you felt in this little drill or 3/4 punch shot swing resulted in down the line. You say the face is open, but just assume something that worked before will work again. But if you add some palmar flexion, that's going to change where the sweet spot is, which will change how you deliver the clubhead, which will change… the follow through…

It's not your job to know all of these things, and how they tie together.

And this isn't an ad for Evolvr, either, though that's an option.

Find someone you trust who can help you. Someone good. Smart. And be patient.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thanks for your input @iacas

I definitely agree that I'm jumping around from key to key, feel to feel, too much and do very much need some proper guidance.

When I said it's a full swing, although it's shorter than my normal swing it's closer to being full than not. I.e. this felt like arm parallel to arm parallel but was longer.

Maybe this length swing should be the length of my stock full shot... if that makes sense? Maybe my current swing is too long / I'd be better suited to shortening the swing (more of a sawn off s&t follow through)

Now a quick question about the swings submitted to evolvr. If it's a full swing, is it better that the video is of  a swing made with an as empty head as is possible (no swing thoughts) to give your natural/ingrained swing?

Or is a video of a swing when working on something (like my latest video to try to fix the chicken wing) ok?

Hopefully that question makes sense.

I'll be signing up to evolvr again shortly as I don't think I could trust any set of instructors more than you guys.

Time to be a stupid monkey!

• Administrator
1 hour ago, keeps21 said:

Maybe this length swing should be the length of my stock full shot... if that makes sense? Maybe my current swing is too long / I'd be better suited to shortening the swing (more of a sawn off s&t follow through)

Maybe as a band-aid to play decent while you're working on stuff, but I think it's probably a bit short on both sides.

1 hour ago, keeps21 said:

Now a quick question about the swings submitted to evolvr. If it's a full swing, is it better that the video is of  a swing made with an as empty head as is possible (no swing thoughts) to give your natural/ingrained swing?

Yes, for the first ones especially.

We'll sometimes ask to see video of you doing a drill, etc. And obviously those aren't just full swings at speed. But when analyzing your actual swing, we need to see your actual swing. 😄

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4 hours ago, iacas said:

Maybe as a band-aid to play decent while you're working on stuff, but I think it's probably a bit short on both sides.

Yes, for the first ones especially.

We'll sometimes ask to see video of you doing a drill, etc. And obviously those aren't just full swings at speed. But when analyzing your actual swing, we need to see your actual swing. 😄

Thanks @iacas, bit of a silly question 😆