• Announcements

• iacas

Visit FlagstickRule.com   03/13/2017

Visit the site flagstickrule.com to read about and sign a petition for the USGA/R&A regarding the one terrible rule in the proposed "modernized" rules for 2019.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
newbgolfer

Anyway to "strip" callaway x22s?

7 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I was wondering if tehre's anyway to take off the badge and the gaudyness of the x22. Anyone done this before?

Thanks!

One thought: would stripping off the badge lower the swingweight?

I played X20s for two seasons, and one thing I liked about them was the dull "nickel" finish: no glare, and didn't show bag wear very much. X22 had shiny chrome.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hm yeah, I hadn't thought about that part. Yes, my x22s show wear cuz of the shiny chrome, but its all worn/dull now anyway, so no biggie :)

I went out at the beginning of this year and numerous sets of irons, but still like my x22s the best. Just not a fan of the shiny blue back of them.

I watched a video on youtube about callaway that showed how they assembled there irons and I believe the badges are actual weights so they can adjust swingweights...but don't quote me on that.

Hm interesting. So i guess the only way is to paint them silver/gray huh?

Not only do they add to the swing weighting, I believe they also act in some sort of shock absorption role.  I know I read something about that somewhere, and it might have even been regarding another manufacturer's clubs too.  Heck, I can't remember now.  I guess this post added nothing of value!

Originally Posted by glock35ipsc

Not only do they add to the swing weighting, I believe they also act in some sort of shock absorption role.  I know I read something about that somewhere, and it might have even been regarding another manufacturer's clubs too.  Heck, I can't remember now.  I guess this post added nothing of value!

That's the case with PING, but not 100% sure on Callaway.