IGNORED

At what point did PHIL become so popular?

Todd Ruggere
Note: This thread is 4759 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by ThominOH

I'm glad I'm not the ONLY one that remembers henniebogan from TGC discussion boards..  YES, your Tiger bias there was so bad even my short time I was there before they shut down, I remember you..  You and a couple others.. The group of you bashed anyone that didn't praise Tiger, and attempted to always spin the discussion to "everyone else is wrong"..

And once again you'd be wrong. I am more than willing to criticize Tiger and his golf related issues when and where it is appropriate. I always have. I've even been outspoken, when asked, about his off course issues, even though in my opinion, it has nothing to do with evaluating his golf.  No, everyone else is not wrong, and I've NEVER said that. That is yet another fabrication used with the intent to discredit anything I might say about others when they in fact fabricate things regarding Tiger.

This is the part I don't understand. Why would anyone want to persist in behavior whereby they either condone, or actually participate in the furthering of fabrications about any player?

Example:

When the story broke about Tigers's infidelity, people persisted in saying it was fact that he'd been with 121 women when IN FACT it was NEVER proven to be factual. So why would ANYONE want anything to do with a statement like that?

People persisted in saying that Tiger had a tooth taken out by a nine iron via hiw Wife and had plastic and reconstructive surgery to correct it. Yet, nothing was ever actually PROVEN to be factual about that. Yet it was repeated over and over again.

People opined that he had had an affair with a neighbors daughter. Again, never proven to be factual, yet, people kept right on saying it.

So my question for you is this. What is your view of those individuals that either started those rumors, or played along simply because they hate Tiger Woods?

Originally Posted by ThominOH

I'm glad I'm not the ONLY one that remembers henniebogan from TGC discussion boards..  YES, your Tiger bias there was so bad even my short time I was there before they shut down, I remember you..  You and a couple others.. The group of you bashed anyone that didn't praise Tiger, and attempted to always spin the discussion to "everyone else is wrong"..

Yep, and it looks like he's trying the same stuff here. But his act won't fly on The Sand Trap as the quality of moderators (and posters) is head and shoulders above that of the Golf Channel discussion boards. My guess is it won't be long before his obsession leads him into the penalty box.

My Tools of Ignorance:

Driver: Ping I20 9.5*
Woods/Hybrids: Cobra AMP 3W and 3 HY

Irons: Cobra AMP 4-GW

Wedges: Callaway Forged Copper 56* and 60*

Putters: Scotty Cameron  35" (Several of the flow neck blade variety)

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RX and Srixon Z-Star

Bag: Nike Performance Carry

I believe people like Phil because 1) he is a great golfer, 2) he seems to be a decent human being who lives his life in a way that brings him credit and 3) being human he has made some mistakes but I've never heard him blame anyone but himself for it ("I am such a stupid").  So it is pretty simple in my mind he is the kind of guy you'd like to play a round with.

Just as full disclosure Phil and I share an Alma Matter, although I don't know him personally,  and I've been following his play since he was in college   Also, as full disclosure, I'm not a Tiger hater but not a Tigerphile either.  I am an admirer of Tiger's golf skills however.

Butch

I like his golf game. His attitude and personality to me are 'meh'

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Originally Posted by Elvisliveson

Yep, and it looks like he's trying the same stuff here. But his act won't fly on The Sand Trap as the quality of moderators (and posters) is head and shoulders above that of the Golf Channel discussion boards. My guess is it won't be long before his obsession leads him into the penalty box.

Actually there never was any 'act' there or here. I don't need to defend you know who. (apparently the mere mention of his name invokes anger now. LOL) I'll just comment from now on regarding current tournament play and where players are in relation to the lead, etc.

Note: This thread is 4759 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!