IGNORED

Journal - My quest to the 80's - (Continued from the WALL 93-96) thread

Note: This thread is 4644 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So bad news. Played yesterday and might have a pretty pain in the butt injury. I hit a wedge right into hard dirt so hard that I felt some pops in my right hand. I tried to ignore it for a shot but I realized it wasn't something to shrug off. I'm guessingill be off for a bit. The pain is about half way down the back of my right hand below the pinky. There is a slight bump there and swelling. If it's not improving by Monday I'll have to go to doctor

Originally Posted by carpediem4300

I nearly cried reading this :'(

haha my putting is aweful anyway but me and a friend were rushing to get round before dark so it was a case of "mark it, line it, hit it"

I also took a 11 or 12 on one hole that has a green without a flat surface on it,

My driving and fairway shots are quite consistent, but my putting is atrocious as is my chipping so wether im on the green or not im taking WAY to many shots to get it in the cup,.....

***EDIT***** just saw that i said i averaged 4 putts, that was wrong my bad, was more like 5/6 i think, we were putting so fast i didnt really have time to record

Averaging 5-6 putts?  5 x 18 = 90?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

We're all so sorry to hear about the injury to your vagina. No one is going to baby you through the injury, get some tape and let's go.

Originally Posted by xburbx

So bad news. Played yesterday and might have a pretty pain in the butt injury. I hit a wedge right into hard dirt so hard that I felt some pops in my right hand. I tried to ignore it for a shot but I realized it wasn't something to shrug off. I'm guessingill be off for a bit. The pain is about half way down the back of my right hand below the pinky. There is a slight bump there and swelling. If it's not improving by Monday I'll have to go to doctor

Cobra AMP Driver 9.5 Stiff Shaft | Cobra S3 3Wood | Cobra 7wood | Cobra S2 Forged irons 4-GW  | Cobra Trusty Rusty 55 degree and 51 | Cleveland 60 degree RTX wedge  |  Odyssey Putter

I was thinking the same thing, I would get to a practice green immediately! don't leave

Originally Posted by inthecup

Cobra AMP Driver 9.5 Stiff Shaft | Cobra S3 3Wood | Cobra 7wood | Cobra S2 Forged irons 4-GW  | Cobra Trusty Rusty 55 degree and 51 | Cleveland 60 degree RTX wedge  |  Odyssey Putter

The towel drill. Sounds like something that could really benefit me. Thanks for the tip.

Oh, and keep going man. Becoming the best I can be at golf is a journey I'm about to embark on here once I get a club membership with my next paycheck.

I can say it was a solid add to my swing.  It keeps the swing more consistent.  If you read Hogans Five Fundementals it goes into depth on the concept.  It's not called the towel drill in the book.

bah i dont even know anymore, yesterday was atrocious :( hit 2 fairways and 1 GIR, my stats are so up and down i dont know wether im coming or im going..........

Originally Posted by inthecup

:tmade: Driver: TM Superfast 2.0 - 9.5degree - Reg flex
:mizuno: 3 Wood: JPX800 - 16* Exhsar5 Stiff
:mizuno: 3 - PW: MP-67 Cut Muscle back - S300 stiff
:slazenger: Sand Wedge: 54degree, 12degree bounce
:slazenger: Lob Wedge: 60degree 10degree bounce
:ping: Putter: Karsten 1959 Anser 2 Toe weighted
:mizuno: Bag - Cart Style

i have another thread for winter plans i started and got some great advice for progressing.  i will be tracking 10 rounds worth of stats to see where my real flaws are.

So Ian bought a *white* burner 3 wood. May not be that big of a deal to most but he put in his 10 most annoying things when guys play trendy clubs to match their outfit or whatever, I think it's pretty hypocritical.

Yesterday he also wore a white hat, white shorts(see through), purple underwear, white gloves, white shoes, white belt. Cried for relief anytime there was mud because he did not want to get his white clothes or club dirty, but he hit the ball ok.

Does anyone else think he is a bit hypocritical? I quoted his list below! lol!

Top Ten List of Things That Annoy Me On The Course

1. Women that are not Yani Tseng or Paula Creamer and are playing in front of me.  Yani is acceptable due to speed of play and Paula because if I have to wait, I dont mind watching her for 18 holes from the backside.

2. Guys that come out on the golf course for their 4th round of the year with matching shoes, sunglasses, hat, shirt, belt and most likely underwear.  Believe it or not, this does not lower your score.

3. When number 3 is done with the color white, it usually also includes the new white R11 driver.  When someone has this much time to coordinate, this single round out for the year is too important to them and they are what we call "Catalog Golfers". They look like they stepped out of a JCPenny catalog.  The new R11's are nice clubs, but dont match your outfit to them.

IRONY!

Chris lieD. Yes I did break my top 10 and got the tailor-made superfast. I tried so hard at dicks sporting to give my self a reason not to buy it but compared to the other 3 woods it was that much better. I did not have white clothes on but I did have a purple thong. I'm thinking chris is jealous because my new 3 wood is longer than his drives. He will convert soon enough. You can't deny science.

NOT longer than my drives

wtf is going on here

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

• 2 weeks later...

so it seems my rough spurt is not over.  ive been up and down over the last few weeks with scoring.  i dont know why i can get back to that mid summer play where an 88 was an off day.  yesterday was history in the making for 2011.  i shot over 100!  on the second 18 i played i shot an 89.  im going to go into the winter just playing casually and not thinking too much about strides.  then during the winter im going to practice a lot.  i would say the below list from most drastic to least is  what i have noticed in my game that has been not good in the last couple weeks.

1. up and downs - not making nearly as many as when i was shooting low 80's

2. putting - ive missed more putts in the last few weeks than i can remember missing in a long time

3. ball striking 150yds+ - it just isnt as solid as it has been.

Note: This thread is 4644 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!