IGNORED

Golf Pride Tour Velvet vs Tour Wrap 2G

Note: This thread is 4638 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Good, hope you like them.  I've got Tour Wraps (maybe 2G, not sure) on everything except my driver and 5W and like them.  I was going to go with the Velvets because that was what was on my irons to start with, but they were out of them so I figured I'd try the Wraps.  They're good, and the grippiness has held up for about a year now even after the initial super-tackiness has worn down.  I'll probably try something new in a year or two when these wear out, but as long as you're ok with the feel of the softer, tackier wrap-style grip, I think there's a lot to like about these, especially the ~ $2.50 price tag.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

One other point is to scrub them down with hot soapy water and a bristle brush every 4 or 5 rounds to bring back the tack. You will be good to go.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Picked up my regripped clubs today. Went with the Tour Wrap in black and I must say they feel absolutely amazing. Can't wait to get on the range this week and swing it out. My clubs feel like they're brand new. Most pleased :)

• 3 months later...

Just don't play in the rain with those 2G's.  Finally had a chance to play Bell Bay in Nova Scotia and of course, it rained just enough to soak everything, and kept at it all day.  Not down pouring, but more than a drizzle.  The super tacky 2G (which I love, because it's hot and dry here is Sask) turned the clubs into slippery eels.  One hole where I had to blast over some trees had me tossing my nine iron over 50 paces away, ha ha.  Totally blew my confidence for rest of the round.  Even on half shots, I had to strangle the grip so hard I might have well been using a baseball bat.  In the dry though, entirely different animal.

Note: This thread is 4638 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!