IGNORED

Golf glove fit

Note: This thread is 4723 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I seem to be in between a Mens Medium and Medium Large glove.  The mediums are a bit tight in the palm area but the finger length is right.  The ML (medium large) are a little bit long in the fingers and thumb but feel much more comfortable across the palm.  Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and what the recommended fit is.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

If it's "a bit" tight I'd go for the M based on the fact that cabretta leather is supple and it'll stretch on the palm. Finger length is more important as if they're baggy the glove won't function as it should (you're holding the club in the fingers right?) :)

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

Yes grip is based on Hogans book.  I figured the M was the better option, just will have to stretch them out before playing.  Thanks.

Originally Posted by MiniBlueDragon

If it's "a bit" tight I'd go for the M based on the fact that cabretta leather is supple and it'll stretch on the palm. Finger length is more important as if they're baggy the glove won't function as it should (you're holding the club in the fingers right?) :)

Joe Paradiso

I'd suggest just wearing it for a while when not playing golf, e.g. watching TV etc and open your hand wide, close it again etc to slowly stretch it. That was you're not artificially stretching it and it'll only stretch in the required areas.

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

You have tried a "ML - Cadet" glove, right?  The 'cadet' are usually shorter fingers.  I always have to go with the cadet option to get the right fit.  Plus, my left index finger is apparently about 1/4" shorter than the standard glove model (and shorter than my right index finger), so I have a hard time with gloves that fit.  My favorite brands (for what it's worth) are Mizuno RetroFlex and also HJ Golf  AllSoft Plus .  Basically, look for gloves with some spandex added or webbing on the velcro closure patch, it helps to bridge the gap when the fit is in-between.

• Upvote 1

In my :nike:  bag on my :clicgear: cart ...

Driver: :ping: G10 9*    3-Wood: :cleveland: Launcher
Hybrid: :adams: 20* Hybrid      Irons: :ping: i5 4-GW - silver dot, +1/2"
Wedges: :cleveland: 56* (bent to 54*) and 60* CG10     Putter: :ping: Craz-e (original blue)

I have a similar scenario as the OP.  I generally go with the M/L, as there is very little extra length in the fingers so it does not affect me at all, and I figure that my hands will tend to get hot and swell during a round, so I'd rather have a bit of room to expand into.  I don't like feeling too constrained in a smaller glove.

Equipment:
Ping K15 Driver (10.5º) - Diamana BB R flex; Ping G15 4 Wood (TFC R flex); Ping G15 20* Hybrid (TFC R flex); Ping G15 23* and 27* Hybrids (AWT R flex steel); Ping G15 Irons 6-GW (AWT R flex steel); Ping I-Wedge 54* Wedge; CG14 BP 58* Wedge; Odyssey Black Series Tour Designs #9 Putter

No I haven't.  I thought Cadet meant for kids and never even looked at them.  I'll definitely check them out this weekend.  Thanks.

Originally Posted by TheGeekGolfer

You have tried a "ML - Cadet" glove, right?  The 'cadet' are usually shorter fingers.

Joe Paradiso

I've been all over the map with glove sizes (even cadet) and finally settled on small for the Titleist gloves. Their leather is really soft and thin but it stretch to almost a medium size for me. I found when I was using a medium that it was stretching and bunching up just enough to cause breakdown areas. With the small, I don't have that problem. Recently I either read or heard someone talking about glove size and the recommendation was to go smaller.

Finding the right glove is a mission in itself, I tell ya.

Callaway Org14 Sport w/ Clicgear Cart:

Callaway X 460 9* - Callaway X 15* - TaylorMade 19*/21* Hybrid - Callaway Diablo Forged 4-PW - Titleist 50/56/60 - Rife Cayman Brac - Bridgestone xFIXx/B330-RX - TRUE Linkswear Supporter!

Note: This thread is 4723 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!