IGNORED

My Swing (lunkerking)

lunkerking
Note: This thread is 4713 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

OK, well had my swing filmed today by a friend to try and determine why I hit my wedges so high, from the video it is apparent that I dont compress the ball, and have any lag in my swing.  My arms trail my body as you can see from the video.  Any drills/tips that you can recommend to help this.  Hit my driver pretty well actually. Sorry for the fact that its sideways, I tried to correct but could not do so using canon zoombrowser.

looks like you're flipping a bit at impact or just before. and your arms are supposed to trail the rest of your body. to keep from flipping, try and feel like you're holding your hinge at the top all the way down to the ball, where your right arm will be slightly bent back upon contact.

So I started trying to hold my hinge a bit, by pulling the grip towards my left thigh on downswing, and as a result I have started to hit a cut/slice.  Any ideas?  Maybe pulling too much across the line to inside?

You;re also swaying onto the back foot quite a lot which may be amplifying the flipping

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Put more weight on your left side.. that helps me make solid contact. It should correct that slight sway backwards that was mentioned above.

taylormade.gif R9 460 9.5* Stiff
cobra.gif Baffler 2h
 JPX 800 Pro 4-PW  *New! eBay gamble paid off!*
cleveland.gif CG14 52* /  MP T-10 56* /  callaway.gif Vintage Tour X Wedge 60*

taylormade.gif Spider Ghost /  Z Star Yellow

Note: This thread is 4713 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!