IGNORED

Got an Eagle today

Rocket
Note: This thread is 4697 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Congrats on the Eagle! I don't know how you did it with 5 guys watching like that! I usually rush through a situation like that, and really goof up.

I've never had an Eagle myself. I chipped one to 2 inches the other day.Just can't seem to get everything to come together at the right time!

Originally Posted by Ben

Eagles kick butt! Congrats.

I had two today! First was on a driveable par-4.Knocked my drive to 20', made the putt. Second was on a par 5. Stuck my approach to 3' and made that putt.

Nice.  I hate you now.

Brandon

• Upvote 1

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Congrats!

Did you get your eagle on your home course?

If you are like a friend of mine, he thinks about his eagle every time he tees it up on our home course and then tortures himself thinking about how he got that eagle that one time and how he should at least birdie it...It doesn't end well. Wouldn't recommend that. Golf is cruel enough at times.

Titleist 910D2 10.5* Stiff / Taylormade 3 Wood - Superfast 2.0 15*  3 Superfast 2.0 Rescue 18* Stiff Shafts

• 2 weeks later...

Got one today!  I was battling back spasms earlier in the week, so when I went out to play today I was very tentative with my swing and ended up being totally out of synch.  After playing the first 8 holes like a 20 'capper, my back started feeling looser.  On the 9th hole (a 480 yard par 5), I decided to forget about the back and just swing as I normally would.  Hit driver, 8i and drained the 12 footer for eagle.  Since we were at the turn, I went into the bar and bought a round for my bud and some two-some that we were paired up with.  From there, we headed out to the back 9.

:titleist: :scotty_cameron:
915D3 / 712 AP2 / SC Mont 1.5

After all these years I've never had an eagle on a par 5 (I've holed out on a par-4 from the fairway before though and had 1 hole-in-one).  I don't go for par-5s in two unless the conditions are just right, but I have managed to reach 4 of them this year and had 3 birdies and 1 3-putt par.  Maybe one of these days I'll finally make one of those.

Congrats!

In my  bag: 

Diablo Octane Tour 9.5, 18  -  6DT 19 (3I Hybrid) - 

Diablo Forged Irons 5-PW -  Tom Watson wedges 52,56,60 - 64 (generic) 

D.A.R.T. Belly Putter

B330-RX Balls

Originally Posted by Rocket

What a great feeling !!!

Yep....they always feel GREAT!!   Thanks for sharing

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

You should've just walked up to the cup, grabbed your ball, and muttered something about "crummy hybrid leaving me with these long off-green eagle putts". J/K. Many congrats!

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

My first eagle was a par 4, driveable 307yd hole. Drove the green, and made the 20' down-hill left to right putt. It was during a round with my regular Sunday morning round buddies and I was ecstatic!! It was a career round for me that day, carded a 74 with a birdy at 17th to make a nice finish. You never forget your first birdy and first eagle.

• Upvote 1

In my Bag-Boy NXO Revolver cart bag:
Driver: 909D2 9.5, UST Proforce V2 x-stiff
Wood: Burner '09 3-Wood
Hybrid: H585 3-Hybrid, stiff steel shaft
3-PW: : MP-57 4-PW, Rifle Project X 6.0Wedge: Solus 51, 56, 61Putter: White Hot XG Teron 34"Ball: ProV1x "Practice"

Note: This thread is 4697 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!