IGNORED

Classic MP blades

Note: This thread is 4695 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

No not a new debate and I am also not interested in advise not to play blades, when my swing is lost ...... I have an old (25 yrs old) set of Wilson Staff Tour Blades I actually hit better than any cavity back ....... besides for me playing blades is for fun ........ I really don't care much if I loose 25 yds on a bad shot, but like to be rewarded for a great shot ...... that is kind of what I miss in the modern tools ...... almost no loss in a slight mishit (that is fine), but also no rewards from a great shot ....... I know it is hard to explain !

I played MP57 last year, not too bad, but I wouldn't call these blades (compared to the above Wilsons), they are more like a players cavityback to me .......

I am not so familar with the older MP models, but there must be a few that are more blade like or more of a musscleback.

The MP68 looks terrific, but I am more looking for an older model, not wanting to spend another small fortune, so thinking of the more traditional or conventional series of a few years ago, but which models ?

Cal Razr Hawk 10.5 | TM Superfast 3W | Adams Idea Pro Black 20 | MP-68 3-PW | TW9 50/06 + 58/12 | Ram Zebra Putter

The Mizuno MP-67 and MP-32 should fall in that category. Also look for the Titleist 690 or 695 MB. Any of these could probably be found on the cheap and would resemble your old Wilson's, but with a modern flair. I have a set of MacGregor blades from the 60's (I don't use them), and today's MB designs are much different and a bit larger than those of the past, so you won't find anything exactly like the Wilsons.

I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones.

I got some mint condition mp-29's from ebay a few weeks back for £125! 2-pw and absolutely love them!

Edit: These are the same clubs Tiger Woods won his first masters with... and his current clubs (or at least the ones he had when he first moved to Nike) are modelled on the mp-14 and mp-29 as he had a mixed back of these clubs, so if they are good enough for him..... they are way too good for me haha

I hit my old MP-11s as well as ever, and they're pure joy when struck well, but at the end of the day I score just a bit better with my other irons . For an enjoyable casual round though, it doesn't get much better than Mizuno blades.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

One of my buddies 25 yrs ago played Mizuno TP-11, very much like the blades in your avatar ...... Are that the Tour Action 1 ...... really beautiful.

I am about to buy a Miz MP-57 with Project X shafts ...... but I want to hit them first ..... bought to many sets that I didn't like past oneandhalf year orso.

Cal Razr Hawk 10.5 | TM Superfast 3W | Adams Idea Pro Black 20 | MP-68 3-PW | TW9 50/06 + 58/12 | Ram Zebra Putter

Originally Posted by Gerald

One of my buddies 25 yrs ago played Mizuno TP-11, very much like the blades in your avatar ...... Are that the Tour Action 1 ...... really beautiful.

I am about to buy a Miz MP-57 with Project X shafts ...... but I want to hit them first ..... bought to many sets that I didn't like past oneandhalf year orso.

Those are actually the original 588s which I almost bought (ebay) but came to my senses. The TA1 looks like a lot of other blades that without being stamped would be virtually indistinguishable to the average golfer. That's why you have to ignore the logo, and play what feels good. The slightly different manufacturing processes yield heads with different feels and. I really like early 90s Mizunos, but they're hardly special or unique if the grind doesn't suit you. It's just my experience, but that's what makes irons like the Hogan's 1984-87 Apex (PC) and 1988-89 Apex (the redlines) special. The grinds.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Note: This thread is 4695 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!